Armalite AR-30

who says they are MOA at best ???? Come on all the reviews I have seen, and mine shoots way better than 1 MOA . It actually shoots better than I can. My first group at 100 yrds was a raged one hole group. At 528yrds. it was 2 1/4" (and I made a scope adjustment after the first round) and 8 3/4" on steel at 1000yrds. First time I might add. The real reason is that most people are very critical of any factory gun shooting along side their 5,000 dollar custom gun. Run with the Armalite and spend all the extra money you just saved on reloading. I have not regretted going with the AR30 once.

I shot one in 338 Lapua with factory Black Hills ammo would shoot under .75 MOA out to 500yds and with hand loads would shoot under 1/2 MOA consistantly.

I'd like to see some hunting reports with this platform.

One thing I do like about it is the chassis the reciever sits in. It looks simple and modular.

Just wish more people would post their results with this thing, and post hunting stories/pics to see how it works.

I bought mine after hunting season last year. Have to wait till Nov. for deer here MI Will be trying for some varmits later this summer.Will update then

For my AR-30 for accuracy you really have to watch your torque weights

Wedge 12.5 to 15 ft-lbs
Action 15 to 17 ft-lbs

The 338 Lapua really likes RL 33 with 300 Accubonds.

Soon as I can get I would like to try the new Reloader 26 with 250 Accubonds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 99
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts