Philosophy....

You know how to get 7 different answers about anything to do with guns?

Ask 4 gun-guys.
Best philosophy I've heard sitting at the bench next to me. Guy asked me what the shinny marks on the head of his brass where from. When I held the brass it was oily. He said he oils his brass to keep from having heavy bolt lift. Sorry had to tell it.

When a thread exceeds double digits it generally stops having much useful in it. I haven't seen a thread reach triple digit status yet, but it's likely coming.

I've thought now and then that there should be an automatic "thread closed for comment" feature.

When a thread exceeds double digits it generally stops having much useful in it. I haven't seen a thread reach triple digit status yet, but it's likely coming.

I've thought now and then that there should be an automatic "thread closed for comment" feature.

Huh. I noticed that, too. Even the just for fun ones. Seems like somebody always gets their feelings hurt or whatever, and then says something nasty, or such....next thing ya know, all the usefulness is gone out the window. Seen lots of good threads ruined along these lines.

Me too! GB's "Ask the Expert" is maxed at 10 (give or take) responses depending on the moderator.

Or it could be: if you started the thread you get 3 posts to it, if you didn't start it you get 1!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.