Peterson Brass Belted Mag Basic Unprimed Box of 50

Just got informed my die set from Neil Jones showed up... Now when I get home from north Dakota I'll do some tinkering hopefully and see how it does...he sent me back the 2 blank tubes I shipped him and they're identical dimensions to my nosler 3x fired brass with .002 shoulder bump.

I started on this a long time ago. I guess I have missed the thread until this morning. I can see things have come a long ways. I didn't feel that the 375 H&H was going to do the start of the necking down. To small. I had been thinking about the 416, was sure either. Different caliber I had to step down 4 times to get the neck to the caliber I want. I have done a lot of 300 WM to 308NM brass. That was easy. The 6mm/280AI took the 4 steps. I hadn't though hard enogh on seating die. So I got held up. That should be done when I get back to Montana shortly. Having a 25/280AI being built presently.
So I will get the dies order out to reduce the belted mag cases to something I have a use for. Namely my 338 WM. So off to the net to order out more dies. 🤣😂
I am glad I found this and for the info!

Just got informed my die set from Neil Jones showed up... Now when I get home from north Dakota I'll do some tinkering hopefully and see how it does...he sent me back the 2 blank tubes I shipped him and they're identical dimensions to my nosler 3x fired brass with .002 shoulder bump.
where are you in N.D.?

Having a hell of a time getting 416 Rem Mag sizing die. Tried Brownell and Midway, and Redding direct. No luck. I will have to try again later.
not really my choice of brands for rifle work, but here you go

not really my choice of brands for rifle work, but here you go
Me neither, but to start size down those case it should be alright.
"A BIG THANKYOU!" Got them coming.

I shy away from Weatherby brass in a 7stw as the belt is often a bit different than regular belted mag., even though it should spec the same. If it works for you though, go for it...I had tough chambering on the few 300's I've necked down, but that may well have been the fact it was once fired brass to start with. I had the same issues turning 7roy into 7rem.

I shy away from Weatherby brass in a 7stw as the belt is often a bit different than regular belted mag., even though it should spec the same. If it works for you though, go for it...I had tough chambering on the few 300's I've necked down, but that may well have been the fact it was once fired brass to start with. I had the same issues turning 7roy into 7rem.
Really? Tell me more! This is the first I've heard of this though I believe you. Different how? I only have experience turning non-Weatherby brass into Roy cartridges. 7mm rem and 264 win into .257 bee, albeit with a short neck.

Also…I have to ask…why on earth are you turning expensive 7mm weatherby brass into 7mm rem mag brass?????????

Really? Tell me more! This is the first I've heard of this though I believe you. Different how? I only have experience turning non-Weatherby brass into Roy cartridges. 7mm rem and 264 win into .257 bee, albeit with a short neck.

Also…I have to ask…why on earth are you turning expensive 7mm weatherby brass into 7mm rem mag brass?????????
To the 7roy/ 7rem question... I have 1 and not the other... If I find decent brass it gets used.
As to the fit question; I don't know much other than reformed brass didn't fit my rifle worth squat, and it looked like the belt area was the issue.

Fireformed the one in the center. Using the maltomeal method.

20230628_130259.jpg