Peterson Brass Belted Mag Basic Unprimed Box of 50

Yes. One of the first pieces I worked through figuring everything out I reloaded 7x total. Primer pocket is still great. That is just a random load I pulled out of thin air. Stuck the magneto on for the last 6x. They were 2947, 2963 2947, 2958, 2947, 2947. I'm going to work through the rest of the brass and pull ~20 out to test with for load development.

This original barrel is pretty toasted so I'll see how it goes. North of 2k rounds on her now. Need to start planning for the next barrel.
That's so awesome. The 416 die you used is it a 416 remington?

Since I have the sizing reamer, my GS built me a hydraulic forming die for my newly built wildcat using ...

Newlon forming die.jpg

and

Whiddeen hydraulic form die plunger set-up.jpg

Hydraulic forming die.jpg

It works like a champ.

I wonder if the 375 Weatherby would be a better die choice than the 375 h&h? I got word my die with forming bushings from Neil Jones is about done I should be making some Peterson brass with that soon.
I'll have to check it out. Saw 375 RUM and 375 Win. Didn't see the weatherby looking around earlier.

I also tried jumping from the 416 to the 8mm but that didn't go well.

Since I have the sizing reamer, my GS built me a hydraulic forming die for my newly built wildcat using ...

View attachment 444225

and

View attachment 444226

View attachment 444227

It works like a champ.
I'm sure it does. I've thought about that route but can't talk myself into it. Is the juice worth the squeeze in your opinion? My uneducated guess is that at best it would save you tweaking your load charge moving from virgin to 1x. In your experience, how close does the hydro get to simulating 1x or fully formed? I know some guys feel/claim that it takes 2-3 firings before fully formed.

I'm sure it does. I've thought about that route but can't talk myself into it. Is the juice worth the squeeze in your opinion? My uneducated guess is that at best it would save you tweaking your load charge moving from virgin to 1x. In your experience, how close does the hydro get to simulating 1x or fully formed? I know some guys feel/claim that it takes 2-3 firings before fully formed.
I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the best route. I am simply sharing my personal experience. I have done the COW method on my .30 Gibbs, shot .270 Win load for my .270 AI (I opted for two separate accuracy loads for this set-up). #60 is for my latest wildcat built. My first hydraulic forming die was by Whidden.

.30 LARA hydraulic form die REV.jpg

Below is my .30 LARA wildcat.

8MM to .30 LARA.jpg

L-R
1- Virgin 8MM RM brass.
2- After running through the Whidden hydraulic forming die.
3- After running through the sizing die.
4- After fire formed off the chamber.

As you can see, #3 is close to #4, but it is the end-user's choice. After 1 firing with a 90% max load, most if not all of the brass for is attained. I never finalize any load development until after at least 1 firing of the chamber.

I originally was going to build a 300 RUM, but it was at the height of brass scarcity. The Whidden hydraulic forming die allowed me pre-form the following brass for my .30 LARA:

1. 8MM RM
2. 375 H&H
3. 300 H&H
4. 7MM STW
5. 358 STA
6. 416 RM
7. 300 Jarrett (very pricey)
8. 300 WBY
9. And now Peterson's brass

I can also shoot the .300 Jarrett and .300 WBY ammo.

It is not for everybody, but if the question is, is it worth it, to me, YES!

I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the best route. I am simply sharing my personal experience. I have done the COW method on my .30 Gibbs, shot .270 Win load for my .270 AI (I opted for two separate accuracy loads for this set-up). #60 is for my latest wildcat built. My first hydraulic forming die was by Whidden.

View attachment 444278

Below is my .30 LARA wildcat.

View attachment 444272
L-R
1- Virgin 8MM RM brass.
2- After running through the Whidden hydraulic forming die.
3- After running through the sizing die.
4- After fire formed off the chamber.

As you can see, #3 is close to #4, but it is the end-user's choice. After 1 firing with a 90% max load, most if not all of the brass for is attained. I never finalize any load development until after at least 1 firing of the chamber.

I originally was going to build a 300 RUM, but it was at the height of brass scarcity. The Whidden hydraulic forming die allowed me pre-form the following brass for my .30 LARA:

1. 8MM RM
2. 375 H&H
3. 300 H&H
4. 7MM STW
5. 358 STA
6. 416 RM
7. 300 Jarrett (very pricey)
8. 300 WBY
9. And now Peterson's brass

I can also shoot the .300 Jarrett and .300 WBY ammo.

It is not for everybody, but if the question is, is it worth it, to me, YES!
Hey that's neat.

The
Idea of a belted improved full hh length 30 has occurred to me before as well. Could eat hh and wby ammo,..

My question…what's the neck length?

I know everyone craps on the 300 win's short neck but iv never had it Cause a problem.

My idea was was basically just a 300 win that's 5- 7mm longer case body, a 72-74mm long cartridge with an identical shoulder and neck to the win mag.

Hey that's neat.

The
Idea of a belted improved full hh length 30 has occurred to me before as well. Could eat hh and wby ammo,..

My question…what's the neck length?

I know everyone craps on the 300 win's short neck but iv never had it Cause a problem.

My idea was was basically just a 300 win that's 5- 7mm longer case body, a 72-74mm long cartridge with an identical shoulder and neck to the win mag.
If you are referring to my .30 LARA, Manson built my reamer for a .320" neck length. Build what you want, and do worry about what others think.

If you are referring to my .30 LARA, Manson built my reamer for a .320" neck length. Build what you want, and do worry about what others think.
Oh I won't be building anything for a very long time yet haha and when I do this won't be it. Just an idea that popped into my head a while ago while I was supposed to be doing abojt 100 othwr things

The 30 Lara looks very close to a 30 Hart. I've reloaded for quite a few of them. It's a great performing big 30 in my experience.

I've run these 183s up to 3100fps now in this single piece of brass. Slight click at the top of the bolt starting but primers still appear to be rounded. No flattening. I'm hand priming and decapping and I can feel no change to the primer pocket thus far. 11x firings.

I'm going to keep working up a little higher and see what top pressure is then back down and see how many firings this brass can take before the pocket gives up. Right now I'm trimming to 2.842 every shot and flame annealing. In my past experience with RP, WW, or Norma when you hit the 3100 ballpark with 180s the pockets could only stand about 2-4x firings before loosening up.

First time using peterson brass, very impressed with how tough it is so far. Hopefully it proves to be just as consistent.

I wonder if the 375 Weatherby would be a better die choice than the 375 h&h? I got word my die with forming bushings from Neil Jones is about done I should be making some Peterson brass with that soon.
Good recommendation on the 375 Wby. Looked up dimensions this morning and I think it's going to work well. Might order one today

Will do.

At some point once I've processed through all this brass and played with it a little anyone who'd like to use this die set to make their own is welcome to use them. Just cover the shipping.