Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die

jweigel

Is this something one should have when loading 7STW? If many of you are getting lots of life without it, that would be good to know.

This is Larry A. Willis product from Innovative Technologies.

jjw
ND

It depends on...

If you are getting previously used brass, then yes.
If you are hammering on your loads and stretching you brass, then yes.
If you have multiple belted magnums in the same caliber, then yes.

If you are not a brass killer and are not prone to exceed limits, then no. Save the $100.

Because I do all three above (hammering brass is only for testing), I got one.

I don't use it often but like all tools, if it is there when you need it, that's fantastic. If it's not there, you have to wait.....

What kind of brass life are y'all getting? On average I mean. I know that running it super hard decreases life span but in general. I've got several that are on their 8 loading and haven't shown any signs of issues. I thought about getting it only because I've had some that showed the bulge after only 3 firings.

What kind of brass life are y'all getting? On average I mean. I know that running it super hard decreases life span but in general. I've got several that are on their 8 loading and haven't shown any signs of issues. I thought about getting it only because I've had some that showed the bulge after only 3 firings.
I've never worn out a case that I know the complete history of.

but

I have some belted chamberings that don't chamber easily if moved to a different rifle so the collet resizer is a must for me.

If you are following good reloading practices and only full length sizing to head space on the shoulder then you will be good to go on brass life for a long time. Primers will fall out before the case separates at the belt line.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.