Pachmayr vs Limbsaver

I don't know much about the kick-eez, but have heard good things. I like a Limbsaver, but the Pachmayer Decelerator on my 416 Rigby also does a great job at making it comfortable to shoot. I don't think you would go wrong either way. I would be willing to try the kick-eez if it was priced lower than the Limbsaver. Just my 2¢.

I've was using the Decellerator until introduced to the KickEez, all my rifles now have the KickEez. I do not know what the price difference is, if it saves my shoulder and allows me to shoot more comfortably for long periods, whatever the price it's worth it to me.

I just priced out a Boyds stock yesterday for a Win model 70 and they way I would like it, the price came to 528.00 but that had a bunch of goodies on it also so you could save money if you do not want extras like checkering or grip caps etc good luck

I have a kick sex on one of my rifles that is around 20 years old. It's still nice and soft and no stickiness. Easy to fit as well. Boyds make some nice stocks that are reasonably priced. You can have them finish it to whatever length you want and they will put on a good pad for a few extra bucks. Their thumb hole models seem to reduce felt recoil even more and most people that have them love them.

I have a kick sex on one of my rifles that is around 20 years old. It's still nice and soft and no stickiness. Easy to fit as well. Boyds make some nice stocks that are reasonably priced. You can have them finish it to whatever length you want and they will put on a good pad for a few extra bucks. Their thumb hole models seem to reduce felt recoil even more and most people that have them love them.

72, sure hope you meant Kick-EEZ

Mustang72, My wife likes and wants a "thumb-hole" stock! I really like synthetic stocks.....ca a quality, lightweight stock be had in the "thumb-hole"? memtb

Kick sex kick eez eez sex! Lmao! Just saw it. Auto correct is a pain in the arse at times---but it can be humorous!

You can get a quality thumbhole in laminated or synthetic. Main difference is price. The boyd s are good quality at a good price. Go to their website and take your pick. You can get a lighter synthetic but it's going to cost a lot more.

Mustang72, My wife likes and wants a "thumb-hole" stock! I really like synthetic stocks.....ca a quality, lightweight stock be had in the "thumb-hole"? memtb

Thumb-hole stocks are nice, but it's important to remember that they are dominant-hand "only", great for bench/target shooting. Can be restrictive for hunting if one had to make a shot off of the non-dominant side. I shoot right handed, shot the nicest buck that I have ever shot from my left side, it was the only shot that I had.

Alibiiv, I hadn't thought about the inability to swap hands/shoulders with the thumb-hole stock. That's the reason I keep you folks around....to keep me from doing "dumb" stuff,

Alibiiv, I hadn't thought about the inability to swap hands/shoulders with the thumb-hole stock. That's the reason I keep you folks around....to keep me from doing "dumb" stuff,

I don't think it's dumb, just a consideration. The buck that I wrote about was from a tree stand. He came in from behind the stand and wouldn't give me shot other than one from the left hand. I knew that he wasn't going to give me the shot that I wanted unless I shot left handed so I took the shot from the left hand. Also my thoughts were if you were sharing a rifle with a left and right hand shooters it could be a problem. I personally like the appearance of the thumb-hole stock, however pass on them because I hunt with my rifles.

I don't think it's dumb, just a consideration. The buck that I wrote about was from a tree stand. He came in from behind the stand and wouldn't give me shot other than one from the left hand. I knew that he wasn't going to give me the shot that I wanted unless I shot left handed so I took the shot from the left hand. Also my thoughts were if you were sharing a rifle with a left and right hand shooters it could be a problem. I personally like the appearance of the thumb-hole stock, however pass on them because I hunt with my rifles.

I had the same thing happen to me many years ago.....I just didn't think about the thumb-hole, weak side shooting issue. Just trying to keep the wife happy! :) As her rifle is dedicated to and her "only" hunting rifle.....I don't want to mess that up! She likes the appearance and it does help reduce felt recoil, so I was thinking....win- win! memtb

You can shoot a thumbhole with the opposite hand but it's not very comfortable. The biggest issue I have with them is the safety. I like to still hunt and at times have to take very fast shots. Thumbholes don't work for me in that situation. I have shot some ambidextrous thumbholes and they are nice but the only things I have seen them on are 10-22s and heavy barrel mini-14s and a few shotguns.

I had have a few rifles with pachmayr here in south Florida and lasted fine . I do know that the weather here makes it tough on everything especially rubber and plastics .... I had issues with stuff getting sticky. On a few guns .

The Limbsaver is a jell filled recoil pad and for the most part has to be a fit to the stock. (It can't be sanded very much to make it fit) without encroaching on the integrity of the pad.

The decelerator is designed to be sanded to fit any stock shape without altering its performance. Most custom stock makers use the Pachmyer
for this reason. some stock manufactures build there stocks to recoil pad size an do ok, but custom stock makers that build them one at a time prefer the Pachmyer pad for fit and finish.

Both types do the same in test, so it becomes just what you want on your rifle. both have a longevity limit, and depending on use and abuse
will normally last 20+ years. There have been some issues with some recoil pads getting Sticky over the years and i have just replaced them and not paid and attention to what brands they were. (I replaced them with the Pachmyer so I could make them fit better.

J E CUSTOM
I know your gone but your still answering my questions, Thanks again for helping me out, I hope I get to meet you in the next life, I miss you my friend