Anyone with experience w/ limbsaver barrel de-resonator

Longrifle2506

In a couple of days I will be trying my sako a7 tecomate 270 wsm at 300 and 400 yards for group. Last time it was holding sub-MOA accuracy at 300 yards; with a 3- shot 2- inch group(.66 MOA @ 100yds); I had good results placing a barrel de-resonator on a skinny barrel 22-250; and I was wondering if it would help my 270 wsm which has a magnum contour barrel. I understand that I am supposed to experiment with the de-resonator in different positions, but I wanted to ask other 270 wsm owners or owners of other magnum cartridges: where on your barrel did your de-resonator work best?? Thanks

Just trying to get enough info to help me judge what position to try it in first.

I run them on nearly all of my rifles. I have found that they make little, if any difference on my bull barrels. However, the de-resonator has helped to close up my groups on thinner barreled rifles. At a cost of only $10-$12 a piece, I just throw one on any rifle I get. It usually helps some, and has never hurt my accuracy/consistency.

I first got serious about trying one when I saw one one Guy Eastman's Weatherby in a mule deer hunt video. It helps on my rem. model 700 light varmint, and I put it 3/4" from the end of the muzzle; which is what is recommended for a free floated barrel. I think it would not look near as bad if it was near the forearm. I wonder if it would still tighten groups if I put it 3/4" from the forearm on my 270 WSM?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.