Anyone have experience with a Bushnell DMR2?

odoylerules

I'm looking at putting this scope on my next long range hunting rig. I'd love to hear any opinions or thoughts on it. I can get a non illuminated DMR2 for around $1K. I've considered a night force ATACR or Vortex Razor HD Gen2 as well. The NF is $2500, and the Razor is $2K. Are the other scopes really worth 2-2.5 times the money. Another con of the Vortex is its heavy. A pound more in fact. Price and weight are leaning me towards the bushy.

Last edited:
Anyone have an opinion if it's worth the upgrade to the "next level" on the NF?

My last two NF purchases are the SHV scopes and I'm very happy with them and for a hunting application consider them to be equal to and a lot lighter than the NXS series.

I also like the NF scope bases and flip up caps and you get them all right here on LRH.

I'm a long time Bushnell fan and have always liked them but since I discovered Nightforce I'm selling my Bushnells....

$bob$

odoylerules,

Buying a new rifle scope is both very personal and iffy because you may not see the quality of a particular scope and develop a dislike for it. My suggestion is to go to a store which has those scopes in stock and actually look through them to try to make a judgement visually first hand. We've all read reviews of gear which gets us all excited to buy the newest and the best but on some occasions when I've actually looked through some of the best scopes, I wasn't pleased for one reason or another.

I can suggest that you do a little more reading about the Zeiss Conquest HD5 scopes which are all on sale right now because Zeiss is releasing all the 'new' versions of these scopes. Cabela's has the 5x-25x on sale for $799.99 right now. You can order this model with their Z-Rapid 800 reticle for 0 - 800 yards. This is a 1" scope tube as opposed to the much hyped 34mm or bigger but the weight is very manageable when compared to some of those newest, heavy-duty designs.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Zeiss-Conquest-HD-Riflescope/1514686.uts

Other companies are advertising these scopes at $699.00 but they don't have this version is stock.

Just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.