Anyone have experience with the Mossberg Patriot Predator 6.5 PRC

SCSCHNUR

I have been looking at te Mossberg Patriot Predator Rifle in 6.5 PRC and wondering if anyone on here has any experience with one. I have owned a couple in the past but wanting some info on one of these rifles at least until more companies get more ammo out there. I do reload myself and have for few years but reloading for this can have its issues in brass .

I want to know it's accuracy mostly does your dad reload. It it the 6.5 PRC? Seeing how realatively new the PRC round is jusy looking at something inexpensive before investing much money.

It's pretty darn acurate for what he paid for it. It's a 6.5 prc. We do reload. Last weekend he shot some loads. He got.75 with 143 eldx and about.4 with 140 gr bergers at 100 yards. The one thing he found it was the brass weight did throw off accuracy. The hornady brass was kind all over with weight. He got some adg brass and that was pretty good. When he weighed the hornady brass and sorted the weights it really straightened up.

My dad picked one up last fall. It shoots quite well. What do you want know?
Jpron- I'm considering getting this rifle but since I'll be handloading I'm concerned about the maximum COAL for the magazine and chamber when I'm seating some of the longer bullets. Do you happen to know offhand or could you check what that magic number is? I've been trying to get it from Mossberg, but all they have been able to tell me is that it's a short action :rolleyes:

My Grandson has one. Shoots pretty well when you consider what it cost. 5 shot group at 100 yd. Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr.ELDX . Group measured just under3/4 in. We put a Timney trigger in from the start. Haven't measured the magazine yet. Just looking dont think you will be able to seat bullets out much further. For the price it is a pretty decent rifle. With hand loads I am sure it will shoot a lot better.

Jpron- I'm considering getting this rifle but since I'll be handloading I'm concerned about the maximum COAL for the magazine and chamber when I'm seating some of the longer bullets. Do you happen to know offhand or could you check what that magic number is? I've been trying to get it from Mossberg, but all they have been able to tell me is that it's a short action :rolleyes:
I'll try to measure it tomorrow, just got home from a hunting trip a couple hours ago

Awesome- thanks! There's a store in town selling the camo/cerakote model for $420 but they don't have any in the store at the moment for me to check the measurements

I'll try to measure it tomorrow, just got home from a hunting trip a couple hours ago
I have a 6.5 prc built on a short action 700. I was just wondering the if the Mossberg 6.5 prc is a long or short action? I was just curious.

I have a 6.5 prc built on a short action 700. I was just wondering the if the Mossberg 6.5 prc is a long or short action? I was just curious.

It's a short action- that's about the only useful information I got from their customer service. I just don't know what their version of short action measures in comparison to some of the other more well known manufacturers

Magazine length is 2.88. I didn't measure the chamber. In hunting rifles I just use magazine length.

2.88?! I thought the 143 and 147 grain factory Hornady ammunition was 2.95"
I never shot the rifle. After reading your reply I looked at it again. There is a plastic lip in the middle of the clip, that's what I originally measured. But after putting a couple shells in it, they go side by side and that lip doesn't effect them so 2.965 is what I would call mag length.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts