Does anyone have experience with Magpul MOE Bipod?

rlshrumva

I'm a hunter, so I was attracted to the positive reviews, reputation, lightweight, ease of use, and affordability ($60-$75) of this Magpul bipod. My intended use is for hunting for shots out to 800yds. I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences, as well as alternative recommendations (especially if it's more inexpensive, but still quality)? Thanks in advance for your help!

They are plasticky and not as stable as a Harris but are light. Ok bipod, not horrific.

Imo Buy a Harris, they've been working for decades in the real times where it matters

I'm not impressed, but don't dislike it if that makes sense. I've used the same a Harris for 20yrs now. Using the m-lock mount it's more streamlined, I haven't beaten on it much yet but, if it's typical magpul quality it'll hold up.

I have one, the plastic seems to be very good quality and it's lightweight. Can't speak to the Harris but I'm a hunter not a bench shooter so it works for me. I have no doubt that something like the Harris would be more stable on a bench. When I shoot off a bench (only to sight in a scope or practice for hunting, so not as much as a competitive shooter) it does seem a bit flimsy and "plasticky"

I have extensive use behind one. Specifically, I have been through three sniper schools with one. I would like to first off say it is not by choice, it was what I was issued. They are relatively light. They are relatively adjustable. What I don't like is they do not lock out super tight. By that I mean when they are deployed, there is a lot of play, allowing the rifle to rock forward and rearward. You should "load" the bipod no matter what you are shooting with, but it is absolutely necessary to load the bipod with this one. If you do properly load the bipod, you can absolutely shoot consistently. They also sit a little too high for prone and a little too short for sitting IMO. In my opinion there are better options out there. They would make a good bipod for a budget build or a AR. You'd probably be better served with a Harris or similar.

Last edited: