Pac-Nor?

bedrok

I know I'm dumb with computers but could not find anything here about pac-nor barrels no matter how I worded the search. I wanted to find opinions about their work. They offer a matched contour barrel so that no stock work is needed. I'm a little leary of their costomer service because they failed to return 2 messages now. Anyone had experience with them?

I know I'm dumb with computers but could not find anything here about pac-nor barrels no matter how I worded the search. I wanted to find opinions about their work. They offer a matched contour barrel so that no stock work is needed. I'm a little leary of their costomer service because they failed to return 2 messages now. Anyone had experience with them?

they are very good barrels. Know quite a few guys that use them in long range hunting rifles. If your doing a Savage, they offer a prefit barrel with a lot of chamber options.
gary

I can't say that I have ever seen a Pac-Nor barrel shoot poorly and I have seen several shoot very well. I see no reason not to go with one.

James

I have and have done for others many pac-nor barrels. They are excellent quality and shooters. I typically either use them or Hart for my personal builds. I don't tend to gamble much on the newer ones that seem to be getting talk the past few years. They may be great and just as good. I just know what I have had success with and no reason to change. I have Pac-Nor barrels I will shoot against anybody with velocity and accuracy.

Played with a handful on PacNor's barrels and have never been disappointed in any of them. My current project is a light-weight hunter in 25-06AI that's being built with another PacNor. SS Match 1-10"tw 3-grv Mountain Rifle contour at 22.75"....only about 3 weeks from getting it back and I can't wait!!!

Thanks to all you well informed guys. One more question. This is a 7WSM and the bullets will range from the shortest/ least sect. dens. being a 150gr Scirroco to longest being 168gr Bergers and 175gr. A-Frames. I know what the manufacturers reccomend for twist and was going to keep it at 9.5 but should I go with 9 ?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts