Pac-Nor Barrels

Code4

Anybody have any experience with Pac-Nor pre-fit barrels ?

I'm sure there are better barrels out there but I have the chance at a resonably priced one delivered here in Oz.

So far I have Hart, Brux, Douglas, Shilen and Pac-Nor. All of them are good buy I have made up my mind that on the next one I will get another Pac-Nor 3 groove. Easiest clean up and fastest of all of them. Good lead time and fair price.

YMMV

They have a reputation of being one of the softest barrels out. I have never herd of accuracy problems just might wear a little faster.

for what it's worth, i've used most of the major Mfg.s available, and as of 4 years ago, (.300RUM) I use only BERGARa for the std. cals. on rem 700's and PAC-NOR to build all my other rifles.

I have used PAC-NOR barrels in .366, .474, .510 and .620 diameters and am very satisfied with all!

The shop I work at has put a mountain of Pac-nors. I've owned seven myself. I've slugged dozens of their Supermatch barrels and have yet to be let down by their consistency. I just installed another Supermatch 3 groove 6mm 8 twist heavy palma on my 6BR and it is one of the better barrels I've installed on it. Its shooting really low aggs. My last 6.5x284 had one in a 1:8 3 groove heavy varmint and it stayed super accurate past 1700 rounds. I've owned barrels from every major manufacturer and can easily say Pac-Nor's(Supermatch) are just as good or better than any of the button rifled barrels out there.
Good luck with yours.
Cheers!

I have several for my Savage rifles. They are excellent and so is their customer service. Order with confidence.

Yep. Got one on my 30.06. Out of it and Hart, Broughton, Shilen, the PacNor was by far the easiest to clean and keep clean. That is until I got a few of the 5R style barrels. They clean even better.

I got my PacNor at a better price too from John Noveske as he used to work for PacNor. I think I paid $195 for mine and it is stainless.

I'd own another.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts