PAC NOR Barrels

turkn8r1

Hey folks. been here a long time but haven't posted in a while. I need some honest oppinions about PAC NOR Barrels. I am considering building 2 wildcats (6.5 and 35) for my pro hunter. I have been looking seriously at PAC NOR as they use propriatary buttons and offer 5R rifling in the twist I want. Mainly because they have a reasonably fast turn around. I need the good the bad and the ugly about these barrels SUPER MATCH GRADE. I have a McGowen on a custom build and am currently waiting on a Bartlein for another one. The McGowen is sweet in .458 and I'm sure the Barlein will be worth the 6 to 7 month wait. I guess I'm just looking for something to pass the time. Thanks in advance for any oppinions. I am not stuck on PAC NOR just looking at them.

I have three Pac Nor Super match barrels. They all shoot very well and the price is reasonable. I had them install a 28" #6 contour 1 in 9 7RM on a Rem 700 and a #5 contour 26" 300 WSM on a Win 70. They trued the actions, fluted for maximum weight reduction, chambered and installed the barrels on my actions for less than $700 each.

Both rifles are at least 1/2 MOA capable. I've shot groups as small as .3" at 200 yards during load workup with the 7RM using 180 VLDs at 3030 fps. The 300 WSM shoots clover leafs at 100 yards with 210 Bergers and <.5 MOA with 200 Accubonds at 300 yards and around .6 MOA with 210 ABLR also at 300 yards. If you would like pictures I'd be happy to post them.

My third Pac-nor is a 1 in 8 twist 28" prefit Savage barrel chambered in 7mm/300 WM. I have a total of 16 rounds through it with 175 ABLRs, but it stacked them up with 75.5 grains of Retumbo the first time I had it out. I'm waiting for the Berger 195s to hit the shelves to really get it going.

I have a 26" #4 super match on my 6.5 Sherman. They installed the barrel and did the work on my action. It shoots great and is a sub .5 moa rifle.

Jay

a friend and co-worker has a 30" Pac Nor on his 338 Lapua that shoots bugholes with the 265 gr Barnes LRX bulles & RS Magnum powder

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.