Outfitters for Hog Hunting

After trapping all we usually have left are a few rouge boars, they get pretty smart and stay nocturnal.

That's been my experience. When they get bad the landowner where I hunt breaks out his large celular controlled pen trap and I run the cameras through my phone. We've been using Jager pro.

We've had a couple of old boars that won't go in a trap no matter how we'll we've brushed it in. Using the cell cameras we have put dogs on em and it's a done deal.

Sorry to derail op, I can go off the deep end talking hogs and other vermin control.

Since I live in a hog-free state, I travel out-of-state to shoot hogs. On a few trips it didn't take long to figure out that the entire operation was a scam and they were just designed to let each hunter take a single hog and then spend the rest of the time sitting in stands where there was zero chance of seeing another hog. This happened in SC and Georgia.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a hunting outfitter/lodge where we can hunt free range hogs and where real shooting opportunity exists. I'm happy to donate the hog meat and view the hunt as taking invasive vermin. I'm not looking for a trophy hog hunt. I'm also not looking to spend thousands of dollars and a week's time to travel out-o-of state to take a single hog. I do have Pulsar thermal optics and my own firearms, if that matters.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Check Gorman Ranches face book page. Matt Cousins is the outfitter

You want an experience, go on a helicopter hog hunt! If you've ever seen the movie Apocalypse Now? Well thats what it is like, its a rush ha ha.
I try to go every year, didnt get to go last year but will go when the rice starts to flower in July this year. The last time I went, I killed 73 in about 1.5 hours, took my 6.8 and Super Black Eagle II with the extended magazine it holds 9- 3" 00 Buckshot. Look up Kurt Ilse Helicopter Service El Campo TX, he's the man he has a contract with Rice Co-Op in Wharton County. You will get some coyotes too, worth every penny!!!!

I'm sitting in a blind as I type. We have a place in central Texas that is low fence and littered with em. My sons shot one a few minutes ago about 400 yds from where I am.
That said. Way too many folks wreck their welcome when invited. I've seen lots of scams and bad ops. And I've seen "hunters" that leave me dismayed.
If you get to Texas hit me up. I come to the ranch often to knock off a few and try to keep them out of the feed. I shot 4 two weeks ago and hope to put a half dozen down this weekend. Sometimes there here, occasionally they're not. There's no guarantees but we kill A heap of em here.

I'm sitting in a blind as I type. We have a place in central Texas that is low fence and littered with em. My sons shot one a few minutes ago about 400 yds from where I am.
That said. Way too many folks wreck their welcome when invited. I've seen lots of scams and bad ops. And I've seen "hunters" that leave me dismayed.
If you get to Texas hit me up. I come to the ranch often to knock off a few and try to keep them out of the feed. I shot 4 two weeks ago and hope to put a half dozen down this weekend. Sometimes there here, occasionally they're not. There's no guarantees but we kill A heap of em here.
đź‘Ť

This is the real deal. No it ain't free and no there are no guarantees. Bruce in hard nosed and is one of the most experienced guides there is.

If you go, give me a holler and I can take you for free to apace or two possibly.

Yes, they are terrible here and do much damage. However many hunters are the same way and many landowners don't feel it's worth the headache.
Good luck.

Independence Ranch, Waelder, TX. Lots of hogs, great accommodation and set up. Meals are great(wild hog and dear meat). Prices are quite good but the catch is that if you want to keep the meat they charge you $1 per pound to clean the hog. My friend and I had a great time hitting 9 hogs. Had meat in the freezer for a year. There are two night stand shootings and during the day they are free walks and shoots of hogs which was the best fun. You can opt for 10 little hogs under 50lbs for $200 cleaned but is difficult to get only the small ones dispite being better tasting for me at least. Lots of folks from Idaho,Indiana,Co,even Canada were there. We were around 25 hunters. great fun and lots of good memories. Lots of the folks from out of state opted for their hogs to be deboned and frozen. You could actually swap your meat with ready made sausage .Could choose from many for a buck a pound on top of your meat. Overall great experience for shooting hogs. We had a blast. I was shooting with 308,30-30,7.62x54. Lots of people with shotguns. The outfitters can provide shotguns as well but not rifles.

You want an experience, go on a helicopter hog hunt! If you've ever seen the movie Apocalypse Now? Well thats what it is like, its a rush ha ha.
I try to go every year, didnt get to go last year but will go when the rice starts to flower in July this year. The last time I went, I killed 73 in about 1.5 hours, took my 6.8 and Super Black Eagle II with the extended magazine it holds 9- 3" 00 Buckshot. Look up Kurt Ilse Helicopter Service El Campo TX, he's the man he has a contract with Rice Co-Op in Wharton County. You will get some coyotes too, worth every penny!!!!
I setup a tavor ts 12 just for this.

Independence Ranch, Waelder, TX. Lots of hogs, great accommodation and set up. Meals are great(wild hog and dear meat). Prices are quite good but the catch is that if you want to keep the meat they charge you $1 per pound to clean the hog. My friend and I had a great time hitting 9 hogs. Had meat in the freezer for a year. There are two night stand shootings and during the day they are free walks and shoots of hogs which was the best fun. You can opt for 10 little hogs under 50lbs for $200 cleaned but is difficult to get only the small ones dispite being better tasting for me at least. Lots of folks from Idaho,Indiana,Co,even Canada were there. We were around 25 hunters. great fun and lots of good memories. Lots of the folks from out of state opted for their hogs to be deboned and frozen. You could actually swap your meat with ready made sausage .Could choose from many for a buck a pound on top of your meat. Overall great experience for shooting hogs. We had a blast. I was shooting with 308,30-30,7.62x54. Lots of people with shotguns. The outfitters can provide shotguns as well but not rifles.
No way I'd ever do this place you must be associated with the ranch. Look up all his issues. Seems that guy has changed business names many times. He gets terrible reviews. I looked into it once before and it's a nickel dime operation. You pay for every little thing. Guest even had to pay for corn. You end up coming out paying a ton more than you expected.
A quick search for reviews will reveal all this.
If you are not associated with them please share your experience and the total cost of your trip. I would never pay per pound for hogs.