Our Horse Stolen From Our Pasture In Windsor Virginia.

Hello Everyone! Great News! Duke is home in his pasture. Thanks to the diligent, hard work, tedious hours of networking tracking killer buyers and horse slaughter venues aka auctions; my wife tirelessly texting, calling, pressuring local sheriff and animal control to acknowledge that Duke was, in fact, stolen from our yard and had not just wandered off from his pasture of 22 years, to initiate a criminal complaint of grand larceny, animal theft, trespassing and being given a criminal complaint number which she immediately posted to netposse.net and getting the word out, Duke was apparently dropped off in the very early morning hours in cotton fields about a mile from our farm where he was seen just after sunrise by the land owner. Thanks to the efforts mentioned above this farmer's daughter was aware that our horse was missing, what he looked like and who to contact!! The Isle of Wight Sheriff's Animal Control officers were on scene in minutes to verify. I arrived minutes later and after 6 hours of pursuit, over 12 miles of walking thru woods, swamps, fields Duke finally gave up! He'd been gone 11 days. Apparently the folks who horse napped him were made aware of the criminal complaint and the ongoing nationwide search for Duke by an animal control officer from an adjacent county and that we had very strong suspicions of who had him. After 2 days home, it's obviously apparent that he was abused, that a twitch was used to control him to the extent that he could not chew his food, he was terrified of people as evidenced by the 5 hours it took to capture him. But overall physically he has just a couple of superficial lacerations, his sore mouth, a couple of hoof marks from other horses he was pinned with. He's readapting to his home, my wife is spending hours comforting him and he's going to be fine in a few days. I'd really like to thank everyone and their families and friends for a the time and efforts into helping in the search for our Duke. Needless to say, without y'all we would not have found him so quickly. Our community is truly a remarkable one bonded by a shared culture of Christian, Conservative, traditional values and beliefs and my wife and I truly love and respect everyone if you. Thank you all for your help. Respectfully Bruce and Kay Burnett, Double Shoe Farm, Windsor VA. View attachment 402411View attachment 402415View attachment 402411View attachment 402412View attachment 402415
Amen!

Great news! I'm sure Duke will be better soon back in your pastures. As for those who took him:

Romans 12:
17 ¶ Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.