Otis "Life Liner" Nano Ceramic Bore Liner

DWK

I'm curious whether anyone has tried or read a test report on this Otis product? You can read about it at Otis Technology, Inc. If you click on their "catalog" you will see a display box devoted to it.

In any event, Otis makes some pretty extraordinary claims for a product that retails at $80. They claim that it, in effect, creates a ceramic/metallic lining in your bore that dramatically increases barrel life, accuracy, etc. They even claim it helps restore worn bores.

There's another company in the market called Xado that makes similar claims for a product to line both engine cylinders or rifle bores.

I'm pretty skeptical of grand claims so I'm curious what field experience is out there. Thanks for any info you can provide.

DWK

I am a bit skeptical, but who cares, it comes in 3 great colors :)

edge.

too good to be true

Sounds too good to be true, which means it may not be. If this product increased velocity 10% on new barrels, I'd think the shooting world would be after it hells bells. But I have never read of a single first hand account verifying that increased performance. As you, I've only ever read about it in the Otis marketing literature. I'd like to see some independent tests rather than be the one to test it with my $80. If it worked as advertised, it might be the best $80 I could ever spend on rifle accessories...

Last edited:
My feeling exactly! Even if I wanted to throw down $80 for a test, I don't have the time or the ability to control all other potential variables. It needs to be tested in a weapons lab, like the ones maintained by the gov and some major manufacturers.

I tried it the other day in a well worn 338 win mag. I did not crono or test for accuracy but I can tell you one thing it sure made it easier to clean. This gun has so much fire cracking that getting out all copper was near impossible but after applying this and shooting 20 rounds through the rifle it only took 3 patches of 50BMG to get the copper out.

I'll try it, AFTER an independent test firm or rank and file shooters without ties to product profits tell me this product works as advertised. I really hope it works as advertised, honestly, but I'm not about to fund the testing process. And I don't define work as an easier to clean barrel. Give me an extra 10% velocity with equivalent accuracy - that would do it if it was a sustained increase in velocity.

Last edited:
Thanks 6MM! If a few of the other claims prove out under controlled conditions, my skepticism would be reduced. I'd sure appreciate hearing your impression(s) on accuracy and velocity if you have a chance to check those.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.