Other powders...

I won a lot of matches shooting MRP in a 300 WSM. It is not temp sensitive like RL22 and little lot to lot variance. About 4-5 of us would buy about 100-200 lbs at a time.

MRP2 works great also in the larger cases like 338 AI. I had two of them that loved it.

Last I knew only two distributors bring it into the US, Black Hills and Graf. We used to buy Grafs entire shipment.

FWIW

This is where QL comes into it's best,
You can do lots of what would it do and find out what will work for your bullet/case combos.
Then look for other powders that will do the same or better than the tried and true powders,
you can't find at the time.
Make a powder list and then go shopping.
Saves on time and $$$$.

YMMV,

Tia,
Don

Normal MRP is RL-22. They're manufactured in the same factory in Sweden. They're excellent powders for magnum cartridges and '06 length standard cartridges.

I darn near pulled the trigger on a greater variety of powder. But I'm more than good with H-4831 (my go-to powder for most loads), RL-22, RL-19, and IMR-4350. Were I to pick up just two more brands of powder, I could spend a month testing them. As I've found out with H-4831, improving upon excellent results can be futile.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.