Other Electronic Call Options

Everybody gravitates to Foxpro, but I've had a Manaska caller for years and it still performs just like the day I bought it 5 years ago. In fact they have come down from the earlier years.
Minaska Outdoors - Electronic Game Calls

I don't use electronic calling all the time but it is an alternative for the less experienced hunter.

I was going to buy a Foxpro Fury or C-24 but after christmas I was at Cabelas & they had a Primos Alpha Dog e-caller for under 250.00 I bought it & I believe Foxpro my have the best e-calls and sounds you can buy, & on there website is the best . But I don't belive they are at twice the cost of what I paid. FYI with my call the sounds are great & has worked flawless with the remote I have had it close to 80 YDS from me & it has worked perfect. I also think the legs it stands on helps in deep grass to get the sound out better. I only use rechargeable batterys & you can call all day & never have low batterys. I am very happy I went with it no complaints.

Well,

I was poking around on EBAY today and found the Cass Creek NOMAD caller for 70 bucks. This is the call that comes with the little remote and it has two different callers. You can seperate the two callers and use the remote to have the sound go back and forth from one calling unit to another to give the impression of moving prey. It came with two callers and I have the option to add a third if I want to later down the road. I've never seen these callers under 100 - 120 bucks before. So, when I saw them for 70 for the set, I just had to buy. I've been checking these out at my local store and was impressed with the volume that comes out of such a small package. I'm really happy with this purchase. So, now that I have a hand held manual call and a set of electronic caller, I'm ready to hit the woods.

I just can't justify paying three times as much for a Foxpro (thier cheapest unit at that) when I can get one for this price. I'm still going to buy the Cass Creek Bighorn speaker. It allows me to use my smartphone to play MP3's that can supliment the callers and I can also use it with the Cass Creek callers I bought which will give me even more seperation for the sound (after I've reached the wireless limit with the remote).

+1 on making your own! I just got done with mine and it seems to work really well. I did some changes to the link that was posted earlier. I run mine off of a 9.6 hobby battery and am into the whole thing for about $110 less the battery. Once I get some free time ill post up some pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts