Electronic Call testing?

And the goal would be to replicate the actual animal sounds as closely as humanly possible to what the animals say weather they are distress sounds or coyote vocalizations with as little distortions as we can . Every predator has heard distress sounds of a lot of different animals by the time they reach adult hood that's what they do for a living hunt and kill so for me it would be very interesting if there were tests done to tell which e-calls actually had the better reproduction of sounds and have the least un needed back ground noise . They can lock in on a mouse walking in the grass under a foot of snow from 10 feet away so I know that they can hear very subtle differences in tones and frequencies as well as back ground noises . This is an interesting thought that I have had in the past myself . I have tried a few different e-calls but with my limited range of hearing I wouldn't really call it a study of the sound reproduction , just an interesting trial for my own satisfaction .

I've heard some of the old cassette tape calls were made from real animals. Can't do that now. I've called in some yotes and a herd of elk. I used mouth calls which sounded great at home, horrible out in the field lol I'm not sure if the reed got damaged but it sure was terrible. I think the animals came in because they wondered "what the heck is making all that racket?".

I've heard some of the old cassette tape calls were made from real animals. Can't do that now. I've called in some yotes and a herd of elk. I used mouth calls which sounded great at home, horrible out in the field lol I'm not sure if the reed got damaged but it sure was terrible. I think the animals came in because they wondered "what the heck is making all that racket?".
Plenty of the new sound files are live animal recordings. Still lots of guys doing it.

And the goal would be to replicate the actual animal sounds as closely as humanly possible to what the animals say weather they are distress sounds or coyote vocalizations with as little distortions as we can . Every predator has heard distress sounds of a lot of different animals by the time they reach adult hood that's what they do for a living hunt and kill so for me it would be very interesting if there were tests done to tell which e-calls actually had the better reproduction of sounds and have the least un needed back ground noise . They can lock in on a mouse walking in the grass under a foot of snow from 10 feet away so I know that they can hear very subtle differences in tones and frequencies as well as back ground noises . This is an interesting thought that I have had in the past myself . I have tried a few different e-calls but with my limited range of hearing I wouldn't really call it a study of the sound reproduction , just an interesting trial for my own satisfaction .
I agree I can't help but wonder what the differences between what we think they hear and what they actually hear are. We'll never know that part. Just blow a call and listen to it, then have someone record you from a few feet away and listen. Lots of difference. But is that just the recording or does it really sound that different from a different perspective 🤷

I have grabbed a rabbit out of a piece of pipe on the ground and had it scream not from pain but from fear the same way you would if I walked up behind you and yelled from a few feet away . Animal destress sounds aren't always given because they are injured , often it's when they are startled . Sit in a prairie dog town and listen to the warnings that they whistle and bark at you they aren't hurt just alarmed that is the sounds that you are trying to reproduce electronically so then knowing which callers do the best at it probably has merit . Every animal sounds different even if they are the same species just like we do and one of the reasons that this study would be of interest to me , and a reason that I still carry hand calls as well .

wonder what ever happened to Gary Roberson's project of producing an ecall that was said to put out ultra high frequency sounds, supposedly? I was interested to see the product but haven't heard if he ever got around to distributing any calls.

I can confirm that Rick gets live animal sounds, both coyote and prey. He's got a project going now that is, well, going to produce some totally different sounds in the vocal department. Let's just say, he is a mad scientist when it comes to vocals.

From what I've been able to find Gary Robertson's ( Burnham Brothers ) ultrasonic caller is still saying coming soon as of March of 2022 .

I just looked at the Burnham Brothers Ultrasonic Call , and there is still not a delivery date for sales .

From the burnhambrothers.com website :
"Sign up to be notified when our NEW Electronic Caller is available" .

Same message since 2020 .

Cal Taylor has sounds to sell in the works,lots of Foxpro sounds came from him.He is probably on of the elite coyote killers in the world.When his sounds come out I will have them.