Ordered my Annealing machine

R.Ph. 380

OK, thought about it for about 3 months, while healing up from shoulder surgery. I spent a lot on 300 cases for Lapua 308 and I need to get every loading out of them I can. I went with Tom Wilson's Anneal-Rite machine because I was able to touch and ghet up close with it at the Original Ft. Worth Gun Show last month.

How many here anneal regularly and how often?

Bill

I started with a Ken Light and then upgraded to a Bench Source machine. I really like the new machine.

I anneal every time or a least every two firings. Might be overkill but my 338 LM cases have 13 firings on them and all 100 are still checking out good.

Before I annealed I had to drop a bushing size after the first 4 firings to get neck tension back. That proved to me that to run lighter neck tension I needed to anneal. It is nice when every single bullet seats with the same pressure and they all feel the same.

It is so fast to do I say why not keep em all the same hardness and neck tension consistant.

Congrats on your new machine. If you shoot like I do it will be a very worth while investment.

Jeff

I anneal every firing and it's just become a regular step in my reloading process. It doesn't take much time and it really extends the life of my brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.