Opinons/Advice Swarovski vs. Nightforce

jdm5267

Hey Guys,

I've recently been gifted a 300 wsm built by GA Precision. I was wondering what anyone thought of the difference between a Swarovski and a Nightforce as the optics for this rifle. I have a friend who has a Nightforce on his GA Precision that shoots 6" groups at 1000yds and we are both novices. I often heard that the Nightforce is more of recreational/ target optic, while the Swarovski is more geared toward hunting, which is my primary focus. I currently shoot a 5x25 Swarovski on my Browning 7mm WSM and it has never let me down, even out to 500+ yds on game. Just wanted to know what everyone thought. Thanks for your help guys and I wish everyone a great Thanksgiving.

Justin Marinkov

If your talking about the BR line of Nightforce, you would be correct. However the NXS was designed as a tactical scope, and has found a home with LR hunters based on the internal travel, great glass, rock solid repeatability and MOA reticles. 5.5-22x50/56 NXS is my idea of the perfect LR scope.

I wont argue the quality of swarovski, but the NF is nothing to turn your nose up at. Search the threads here, theres a ton of info. Only negative you can really find is the weight, but then again, tanks are not light either.

I agree with Texan, I own a NF 5.5-22X56 and a Swaro Z5. I love the Swaro for the weight but with the NF I know that once I put the dope in the scope and I do my part, I have a dead critter. I took my NF on all my hunts this year, From Alaska to back country hunts here in Colorado and it held up great. I even fell of a 6 foot sand stone ledge and landed flat on my back and on that scope. I took a shot at 700 to check zero and it was dead on. I forgot to mention I was seven miles back and I think if I had anyother scope I would have been headed back to the truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.