Opinions RE primer choice for the 300 Win Mag

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Looking for what 300 win shooters have had the best results with which primers. So far my most accurate loads have been with 210 match but my ES is a bit high at times. I've also tried BR2s but they seemed weak.

215 match mag do fair but the accuracy isn't as good.

Any ideas or thoughts/experiences are welcome.

M

I get my best accuracy and ES results with cci 250s. Others I've tried are Fed 210m, 215m, 215, and cci 200.

We use Fed #215 in 300 WinMag but for what it's worth I had one load in 30/06 tighten up when I went to Rem 9 1/2M from Fed #215's. Never saw improvement with CCI 250's. I don't think they are hot enough. I cannot speak to WW primer changes as I have only used LR standard WW and they did nothing special.

KB

I don't shoot near as much as you or Broz. But I collected quite a bit of data during load development with this combination of components: Berger 210 VLDs, IMR 7828, Lapua cases, trying both GM210M and GM215M primers. All results (Temp, powder, primer, MV, ES, and group sizes) were recorded in Excel spreadsheet form.

I got slightly lower ES and a slightly better accuracy from my rifle with the 215s. So I settled on GM215M.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.