Opinions on action/rifle choice

MontanaOutdoorsman406

I have been looking at possibly buying a christensen arms ridgeline I like the idea of having the heavy barrel profile without the weight or should I go savage action with a proof barrel I think the christensen has a nicer bolt and action like dual plungers and m16 extractor any thoughts appreciated

I have 2 Ridgelines (300 win mag and 6.5 creedmoor). Very happy with both. The actions are very smooth. Bolt lift feels little heavier than I've experience with factory R700's, but that may be due to the really small bolt handles on the Christensen's. The bolt lift isn't bad by any means. They come with Trigger Tech triggers, which I love. They are very crisp and adjustable for pull weight without removing from the stock. Speaking of stocks, the Ridgeline stock is great for packing or hunting. If you are going to be shooting prone a lot, which I do, you might find that it isn't great for that position. But overall, the stock is pretty good, and it's light weight. Both of mine have shot really well right out of the box. At that price, I don't think you can go wrong with a Ridgeline. They do come with a 1 moa guarantee, and I have contacted Christensen a couple of times with questions, and they gotten right back to me the same day (emails). If you want to change the stock in the future, they drop right into anything with an R700 inlet, as long as the barrel channel is cut for that type barrel. I put both of mine in McMillan Game Wardens, but you really don't "need" to upgrade the stock.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.