Opinions needed. Please!

wyomingblizzard

I am wanting to put togather a sportsmans challenge shoot and need opinions. What I am thinking is a four gun challenge, consisting of shotgun, rimfire rifle,pistol and rifle. My first thoughts are a round of trap, a round of skeet, 25 rimfire targets, 25 pisol targets and 25 rifle targets scattered between 100 and 1000 yards. Simple scoreing of one point per hit, with a shoot off for any tiebreaker. Rimfire and pistol targets would also be at varying ranges. Our local range is more than capable of running at least 2 relays for all guns involved at the same time. All proceeds would go to The Friends of The NRA (to be added to our banquet). Pay back would be only donated money and prizes. Pisol, rimfire and rifle targets will range from pop cans, milk jugs and steel plates. I am thinking entry fee of $20 + $5 daily range fee. This is still in the early planning stages, shoot would not be until next spring. Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated. How many of you would travel 100 to 200 miles for this type of shoot? I also need ideas on how to make a youth division. I would like to turn this in to an annual thing. Thanks

Own anything of value? Better talk to your insurance carrier first. Liability insurance is hellishly expensive for anything firearm related.

You wing it and someone gets injured, you loose everything...forever.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.