Opinion on semi auto pistol for women

There was a time when 380 acp only offered ball ammo and it was weak but now there are way better offerings.HP stout loads are capable of complete pass throughs and unbelievable damage with very little recoil for small women.
Just last week I loaded 100 rounds of 90 grain Leigh high defence self defense rounds in .380 for my sister in law and niece. Sister in law has a ruger, and niece has a Walter PK380. 3.4 grains of Tightgroup . tested both on Christmas day to assure function. My niece as been taught to shoot by me sense she was a little girl. She's tight.Sister in law never held a gun until late 40s.she's scary.and not in a good way.

I'll add this about my wife, we had nowhere to test different handguns and I provided very little support…...by request! 😂 She looked at some on the internet and YouTube, and bought and sold 2 or 3 before deciding the the Sig 938 was "her" handgun about 10 to 12 years ago. Nothing has tempted her to change handguns yet. memtb

I'll add this about my wife, we had nowhere to test different handguns and I provided very little support…...by request! 😂 She looked at some on the internet and YouTube, and bought and sold 2 or 3 before deciding the the Sig 938 was "her" handgun about 10 to 12 years ago. Nothing has tempted her to change handguns yet. memtb
Its a nice purse/pocket for real close range. I have one, only thing that does not fit my requirements is only SA, no hammer drop. I practiced a lot carrying bullet chambered, hammer dropped, and practice pulling hammer back as I pluud out of pocket ot holster. Then I found the XD-E 3.3 which met my criteria. Only carry the 938 when others are hard to conseal.
With ANY curry, practice, practice, paractice!

Well, women have advantages and disadvantages that need considered. First, is there firm commitment on her part to learn to draw, shoot and make decisions at speed while shooting. This takes time and mental bandwidth. Is she willing to learn the law and how to apply it? If not, stop….

if yes,…

Advantages:
Often carry bags that once organized, carry a light, gun and knife well.
Capable of quick learning and fast decision making if taught.
Do better than we think adapting to what they are dealt

Disadvantages:
Often have strong beliefs about recoil sensitivity.
Often have small hands and weak fingers. A 4lb trigger feels like a 6-7lb to most men

Considerations:
Do best in a female oriented instruction environment.
Need to feel like they selected their gun. Even when it seems like the guy at the counter sold here what he made more money on. Just support and see. When was the last time I bought 3 guns to pick one! Shhhhhh.

BTW, that overpriced rose gold detailed Sig P365 is often attractive and quite shootable for women!

I am trying to help my girlfriends daughter get a pistol for concealed carry she has shot the Kimber micro 9 but would like a little less recoil like the 380. I am wondering if there might be a little better 9 mil on the recoil side because ammo is available and cheaper
Kimber R7 Mako seems to be a favorite for women. Softer shooting 9mm. They did have a recall. But I think they have it fixed now.
She may find watching women C&C channel for ideas.