OnX and Inreach device

KSB209

Just got the Inreach mini 2 and went out this week for a trip. When I pulled up OnX maps it said I was off line in my phone and I didn't have anything downloaded on it (I'm still new to this technology stuff). When I turned on my Inreach and it synced to my phone all of a sudden all my OnX maps started working again. My question is does OnX use the GPS from the Inreach when it is connected?

I would not think so. I use both together and have never seen that. Did you have cell service where you were at? You might have just clicked on the oof line map function

No cell service where I noticed it. I had service for a while and the OnX maps worked when I didn't have service the OnX said off line or something to that effect. I turned my Inreach on to text the wife when I was setting up camp and when I looked at the OnX I had full features.

Nah, you probably just got service for a second and the OnX uploaded. They are not correlated at all.

Definitely make sure you download your OnX map of the area you're going ahead of time if you're not 100% certain you'll have service. Also, if you download the map, and service is spotty, put your phone in airplane mode and OnX will work much better with the downloaded map

Unfortunately Onx does not interface with the Garmin mini..... although I wish it did! I suggest downloading the offline maps at varying resolutions prior to the hunt. The mini is great for keeping contact with the outside world and holds battery life well. I bring a power pack with me for hunts longer than 2-3 days and have never had any issues.

Recent Posts