Floorless tents and tarps

I was just looking at the cylinder stove and it really does look awesome. Crazy light ... only 1 lb 9 oz to use with a super tarp.

And you are really not helping me here... I was trying to avoid spending more money!:rolleyes:

Seek Outside has VERY high quality gear. I'd put their gear alongside Kifaru any time. It's a bit lighter than Kifaru bur every bit as durable.

Their backpacks are "modular" for both backpacking & packing out meat.

I actually went with a BT-2 and Nest. 6 weeks to wait went with seekoutside cause of the nest feature also went with a Ti Goat stove. Whole set up for winter will be just about 6 pounds including stove. Hopefully the stove comes in sooner then the BT-2 so I can get a good burn on it

Is there much difference in burning between the oval and box stoves, also with the tigoat stove, is the pipe the right width and length to fit in the sawtooth?

I have the cylinder stove so I wouldn't know much on oval stoves but I will assume
Not much other then the damper controls.. Tigoat pipes fit perfect you can order an 8' or 10' pipe. It should for fine

Is there much difference in burning between the oval and box stoves, also with the tigoat stove, is the pipe the right width and length to fit in the sawtooth?

No experience using an 'oval' stove but a cylinder shaped stove will burn a bit more efficiently and produce a bit more heat compared to a box stove but it is not night and day difference.

You can purchase a pipe (0.004") here McMaster-Carr

I use a Tarptent Moment DW one person tent (ripstop inner tent. There is a floored netting inner but I use mine for 4 season camping. I want to keep spindrift snow out.

It weighs 30 oz. and another 10 oz. for an optional crossing pole to support the fly better against snow load and wind.

This tent is fast to set up, needs only a small footprint, has 2 vestibules and doors, great ventilation that can be adjusted and is very high quality. You can easily sit up in it.

It's about the lightest solo tent I could find for 4 season camping. It's my 3rd Tarptent because I like their designs, quality and customer service.

I have a 2 peerson Scarp 2 that, like my Moment DW, I have "winterized" by shortening the X-ing poles a bit and running them inside the fly. To see what this looks like and how easy it is to do go to the Backpacking Light site and search for these two tents. My threads will come up.

The only two tents I own are both floorless…an Integral Designs Sil-dome tarp tent and a 6-Man Seek Outside Tipi that I use with a large titanium stove. Based on the way I use my tents (mostly for hunting and scouting, I would not trade either for a tent with a floor, unless I planned to use them in an environment that is much harsher than where I hunt in CO, OK and surrounding States.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.