145 gr. LRX Barnes
Proof carbon sendero barrel
Manners MCS EH5A thumbhole stock
Vortex PST Gen ll 5x25
Vortex 30mm match grade rings
EGW 20 MOA picatinny rail
Harris 6-9 Bipod
Holland QD muzzle brake

375 H&H mag Winchester mod. 70 in syn..stock. because it works on Elephants and it can almost match the 3006 in trajectory. The kick isn't as sharp as a 300WM it a just a big push. You might have to sneak a little closer then with one of the 300's. But that's hunting. You won't have to worry about dangerous game. Just my 2¢

EXCELLENT LOVE IT

A subject that has been "beaten to death..... with many side-stepping the thread intent. Some choosing custom or full "wildcat" chamberings, some picking rifle/cartridge combo's with impractical weight for everyday, various terrain use by "normal" humans, factory ammunition must be available, potentially needed as a stopping cartridge. So, here's the criteria for the challenge.

Rifle/Cartridge must meet this criteria: only one rifle allowed
#1 - used for all North American Big Game (including dangerous game - assuming no back-up)
#2 - rifle weight - under 11.0 pounds (scoped, fully loaded, slung)
#3 - If a bipod is used - total rifle weight cannot exceed 11.0 pounds (scoped, fully loaded, slung, and bipod)
🌟 additional 👍 points for combo's coming in at less than 9.0 pounds
#4 - factory cartridge - (improved chambering allowed) must be able to fire a factory cartridge
#5 - various terrain - thick timber/brush to hunting elk, sheep or goats in the mountains, to wide open western plains
#6 - cartridge....bullet weight, bullet (cup-core, partition, mono) design (based upon a potential mixed bag hunt in "big" bear country - no back-up) and brief explanation for your choice

I hope I haven't missed anything!
This should give you something to think about while sequestered at home! So.....what's your "poison"? memtb
Only two chamberings come to mind to fit your criteria when is 30 ought six and the other 7 mm magnum they can be loaded from everything to light varmint shooting all the way out to have a game so that's my answer to your question the white part of your criteria can be overcome by light white poly stock on anyone's Rifle unless it's a custom job with a heavy fat barrel
A subject that has been "beaten to death..... with many side-stepping the thread intent. Some choosing custom or full "wildcat" chamberings, some picking rifle/cartridge combo's with impractical weight for everyday, various terrain use by "normal" humans, factory ammunition must be available, potentially needed as a stopping cartridge. So, here's the criteria for the challenge.

Rifle/Cartridge must meet this criteria: only one rifle allowed
#1 - used for all North American Big Game (including dangerous game - assuming no back-up)
#2 - rifle weight - under 11.0 pounds (scoped, fully loaded, slung)
#3 - If a bipod is used - total rifle weight cannot exceed 11.0 pounds (scoped, fully loaded, slung, and bipod)
🌟 additional 👍 points for combo's coming in at less than 9.0 pounds
#4 - factory cartridge - (improved chambering allowed) must be able to fire a factory cartridge
#5 - various terrain - thick timber/brush to hunting elk, sheep or goats in the mountains, to wide open western plains
#6 - cartridge....bullet weight, bullet (cup-core, partition, mono) design (based upon a potential mixed bag hunt in "big" bear country - no back-up) and brief explanation for your choice

I hope I haven't missed anything!
This should give you something to think about while sequestered at home! So.....what's your "poison"? memtb
My answer to your question is 30 ought six or 7 mm rim EGW they can be loaded to take a variety of small game and big game depending upon what you'd like to do with it if you're fortunate enough to reload you can really put it to use

we have a rem 700 long range rechambered from 300 win mag to 30-378 weatherby shooting the 245 grain EOL bergers @ 3100 ft/sec with a T1 terminator brake this is 10 twist which brings the G7 BC down to .38 validated to 1000 yrds. Hard to beat at 10.3 lbs

If we're talking availability for ammo or reloading 300 or 338 win mag. 24 inch barrel w/break. 3.5-10 or 4-16 scope.
Mine is a 338 win mag w/break with a 3.5-10 Leupold, 225 interlock or sst bullets pushing at 2875fps. Weight is just under 9 lbs. It gets the job done.
I have shot bear, elk, deer, coyotes and even prairie dogs. Overkill for yotes and dogs but it's a h_ll of a lot of fun.

🇺🇲 God Bless America.

How many of us only own one do-it-all rifle? I suspect that most of us have several purpose built rifles

Porcupines, ground hogs, coyotes, hogs, deer, elk bear for 7 years straight 3 states a year with 338 win mag with 225 barnes x bullet and thousands of targets and steel taught me a lot and I never felt wanting before laser range finders and wind meters...

Of course went through 3 barrels lol

300 Win Mag. There isn't anything in North America it can't handle with the right load. Run Barnes TSX or Bergers and you can do it all.

This would be my dream set up.
7mm rem mag
145 gr. LRX Barnes
Proof carbon sendero barrel
Manners MCS EH5A thumbhole stock
Vortex PST Gen ll 5x25
Vortex 30mm match grade rings
EGW 20 MOA picatinny rail
Harris 6-9 Bipod
Holland QD muzzle brake
That PST Gen II doesnt get enough love. Thats an awesome optic. I have the 5-25x50 FFP on my 223 varmint gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.