OMG Catastrophe of Global Impact!

My boss used to point out when I got to pot # 9 or 10. I asked if I should chip in for grounds and filters. He said no, but that can't be good for you. I just moved south Wyoming and the coffee doesn't taste as good when the outside temperature is above 65 degrees F.
Holy smokes man…

I have to ask…how big were these "pots" 🤣🤣🤣

Something like this?

Attachments

• F672AF7A-7277-4437-9A31-3CDE91781BF3.png
    F672AF7A-7277-4437-9A31-3CDE91781BF3.png
    520.3 KB · Views: 14
Most definitely headed to Bed, Bath Blah blah they have one on sale for pretty good price! Camping is not camping without coffee otherwise called suffering.
I can always fall back on my good old jet boil stashed away in my camping equipment ,and some instant for emergencies. it's 2 to 3 cups for me in the morning and that's it

Keurig coffee, ugh.
I thought it was decent coffee until I bought my Mocchamaster brewer and burr grinder, then I realized how terrible Keurig coffee is!
There's nothing wrong with keurig coffee! I mean it's not the same as espresso or French press or about 5 other prep methods BUT….I grew up drinking church coffee haha. And not hipster mega church with a dedicated coffee shop inside the church type of
Church coffee…rural and small town churches of mostly seniors making coffee in those big urn things with grounds that are 5 years old but those frugal old farmers won't throw away 🤣 and made, invariably, by someone who is not themselves a coffee drinker and either makes coffee that looks like bath water or coffee that looks like tar haha. Some exaggeration but you get the drift. I love good coffee and know it when I try it….I've also had such terrible coffee that I'd never call keurig coffee terrible!!!

There's nothing wrong with keurig coffee! I mean it's not the same as espresso or French press or about 5 other prep methods BUT….I grew up drinking church coffee haha. And not hipster mega church with a dedicated coffee shop inside the church type of
Church coffee…rural and small town churches of mostly seniors making coffee in those big urn things with grounds that are 5 years old but those frugal old farmers won't throw away 🤣 and made, invariably, by someone who is not themselves a coffee drinker and either makes coffee that looks like bath water or coffee that looks like tar haha. Some exaggeration but you get the drift. I love good coffee and know it when I try it….I've also had such terrible coffee that I'd never call keurig coffee terrible!!!
Keurig is on the level of Sanka instant to me.

Keurig coffee, ugh.
I thought it was decent coffee until I bought my Mocchamaster brewer and burr grinder, then I realized how terrible Keurig coffee is!
I got hooked on Italian espresso on a trip 4 years ago. Had been a two 12 cup pot a day man. Now I'm down(?) to 12-13 double espressos. They can keep the foamy milky stuff: just make my coffee thick and strong with no acid!
☕

Keurig is on the level of Sanka instant to me.
Im familiar with instant but not with Sanka…that a particular brand name?

I've drank a lot of instant over the years too ajd must say I HATE instant coffee…I'll agree to disagree, keurig coffee is still "real" coffee to me and I'll take it any day haha.

I was a pastor for a little over 8 years as well and part of that ministry is visiting lots of old folks living alone…invariably they'll have made either tea or coffee if they're expecting you…I'd always half jokingly pray it was tea because 9/10 times the coffee is instant coffee (and sometimes decaf!!! 😱😱😱😱😱). But you take whatever food or drink they offer you and say thank you and even ask for seconds because for many of them who live alone, especially the old widows, it means the world to them to be able to wait on someone again. This is all in good humour of course, not a big deal at all but again, I've had truly bad coffee and keurig is some gourmet stuff in comparison 😆

Im familiar with instant but not with Sanka…that a particular brand name?

I've drank a lot of instant over the years too ajd must say I HATE instant coffee…I'll agree to disagree, keurig coffee is still "real" coffee to me and I'll take it any day haha.

I was a pastor for a little over 8 years as well and part of that ministry is visiting lots of old folks living alone…invariably they'll have made either tea or coffee if they're expecting you…I'd always half jokingly pray it was tea because 9/10 times the coffee is instant coffee (and sometimes decaf!!! 😱😱😱😱😱). But you take whatever food or drink they offer you and say thank you and even ask for seconds because for many of them who live alone, especially the old widows, it means the world to them to be able to wait on someone again. This is all in good humour of course, not a big deal at all but again, I've had truly bad coffee and keurig is some gourmet stuff in comparison 😆
All in good fun.

But have you ever cut open a keurig cup before it was brewed? It is basically instant coffee.

It just can't compare to whole bean fresh ground coffee.