Older Knight

zmason1002

Hey guys new here and fairly new to muzzle loading. I borrowed an older 50 cal Knight from my buddies dad and I'm shooting Hodgdon FFFG around 100grns volume, I don't remember what bullets I used to be honest. I would foul it with two #11 cci caps and then the first shot would be high and to the right and the 2nd would be low and to the left, at 100 yards it was a 4" spread I don't remember if I shot 3 rounds or not. I don't know what scope was on it either, as it might have something to do with it.

I didn't have much time to mess with loads and really didn't know much about it as that was really my first time using a muzzle loader. I took it out and shot a small doe with it that year. This year I will be borrowing the same gun but I'm planning on getting some different bullets but using the same powder and caps. Any suggestions for a newbie I won't have a whole lot of time to mess with it but will hopefully try to get it to shoot good at 100 yards.

I've heard BH209 is a good powder but I don't think this gun will be able to shoot it since it doesn't use 209 primers. Thank you for any advice.

http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Dodgedakotacrazydude/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141230_172026_zpszx7mezt6.jpg.html]
20141230_172026_zpszx7mezt6.jpg"][COLOR=
[/URL]

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.