Greetings, So I cut a spare barrel I had down to about 18". Filed and rough "crowned" it myself. Went out yesterday hoping it would shoot "a little" and was pleasantly surprised. Rough load work got it about an inch and a half with two different bullet sabot combos. Refinement may be promising. It shot well enough with the Maximus that I will call that the hunting load for now. 210gr Maximus/Green Harvestor sabot/Win 209 primer/70gr BH 209=1875 FPS. I have done all the conversions to make this shoot the BH. First was to the Extreme bolt for the red jacket-didn't work consistently. Next was the old version of the Extreme conversion kit I saw on closeout at an old shop next to me (it allows me to keep the Extreme bolt and just adds the primer adapter). I shimmed the bare primer as most that shoot these have found to be the trick. Having been frustrated with this rifle I almost threw it in the river until that conversion. Then it started to shoot better. I have been eyeballing the Katahdin barrels for the Encore, but just don't want to drop the cash on a new one quite yet. So this is what I came up with. A handy rifle was the intent and I think I got it.