old primers already seated

I deprimed some cases with live primers without any problem.I don't like doing it,because there is a risk of one going off.I have bought brass that had live primers in them.I loaded the cases and used them for sighting in ammo.They all worked without any failures.Then the other option is,just chamber the empty cases and shoot them.

Primers are just packaged in thin cardboard boxes and never sealed from the factory--- I have primers from 35 years ago and they work fine.
In.a cardboard box or in a piece of brass won't matter unless you abuse or contaminated them
Totally agree. I have Federal primers that I bought 25 years ago and hey still work fine. They were packaged in non sealed cardboard boxes with plastic trays.

Glad you brought this up I just found two full coffee cans of 45acp that are primed and ready to load they did have lid on them and some desiccant bags in there …I'm going to load a few and give them a try. 👻

Glad you brought this up I just found two full coffee cans of 45acp that are primed and ready to load they did have lid on them and some desiccant bags in there …I'm going to load a few and give them a try. 👻
You can send them to me and I will be glad to shoot the primers out of them for you at no cost. I' ll go ahead and find the tight group and 200 grain semi wad cutters. To the OP- load them and shoot them.

There are some threads on this, sort of, and I probably know the answer but here goes:

Let's say an impatient idiot, a hypothetical idiot, got ahead of himself last october and primed about 50 cases and only loaded 20 of them. Then the idiot left the primed cases in the tray on his bench in a cool, pretty dry basement in the desert and forgot about them until now. What's the best course of action? They are federal 210match if that makes a difference. I faintly remember hearing that some primers are sealed but that could be fantasy thinking. Should the fool dispose of them down his barrel? Load and fire them? soak them with water and deprime them? How long of a soak is needed to make them safe? I'm thankfully not primer poor yet, is there any reason to even consider using them? Thanks in advance.
I would just name load them like you would any other case you put a primer in. I've never had a problem doing this I've loaded them up and not used them for another year. In the Box in the brass what's the Difference.

Ok. I'll chime in. I have a lot of ziplock bags full of primed brass of all kinds. I've never had a problem other than forgetting to write what kind of primer. Saves on having to have a 1000 cartridge boxes. I have primers from 1975 that still pop. I won't use them for load development or hunting. Just me.

I have some loaded ammo that I kept in my basement for 25+ years. It was so old that the lead tips on the .227 Nosler partitions were corroding. My basement runs between 50-65% humidity. Took the rounds to the range and was shooting MOA with them and no issues at all. Can say the same for some 35 Remington ammunition. As for depriming live primers I've done it more times then I'd like to admit, never any issues whatsoever. I'm talking like hundreds of primers if not more in my 60 years of reloading. If you're worried about the integrity of the primers you already have seated, try chambering and firing a couple. I suspect that you'll find that they're fine.