old primers already seated

JakeC

There are some threads on this, sort of, and I probably know the answer but here goes:

Let's say an impatient idiot, a hypothetical idiot, got ahead of himself last october and primed about 50 cases and only loaded 20 of them. Then the idiot left the primed cases in the tray on his bench in a cool, pretty dry basement in the desert and forgot about them until now. What's the best course of action? They are federal 210match if that makes a difference. I faintly remember hearing that some primers are sealed but that could be fantasy thinking. Should the fool dispose of them down his barrel? Load and fire them? soak them with water and deprime them? How long of a soak is needed to make them safe? I'm thankfully not primer poor yet, is there any reason to even consider using them? Thanks in advance.

I primed and left them out for a few months last July through October. So here in Sacramento its 105deg F down to 50/60 deg.
Blew them out, loaded and there was no noticable impact to velocity or accuracy when firing them.
blew them out as in blew air in them, right? not as in blew them out the barrel.

That's pretty darned good. You've got the same temps and definitely more humidity than we do. Thanks.

There are some threads on this, sort of, and I probably know the answer but here goes:

Let's say an impatient idiot, a hypothetical idiot, got ahead of himself last october and primed about 50 cases and only loaded 20 of them. Then the idiot left the primed cases in the tray on his bench in a cool, pretty dry basement in the desert and forgot about them until now. What's the best course of action? They are federal 210match if that makes a difference. I faintly remember hearing that some primers are sealed but that could be fantasy thinking. Should the fool dispose of them down his barrel? Load and fire them? soak them with water and deprime them? How long of a soak is needed to make them safe? I'm thankfully not primer poor yet, is there any reason to even consider using them? Thanks in advance.
I use a sinclair arbor hand press and wilson size and just do them never had one go bang yet

Recent Posts