OLD and NEW Berger 300gr

4xforfun

I want to try some of the new 338 Berger bullets in a friends AR 30 . Because of my stupidity in thinking that the Armalite had a 1 - 12 twist tube I developed a load using 250 SMK's a few years ago. It shoots friggin awsome, but I can't help think that the 300 class bullets will will greatly increase downrange performance. What are the odds of getting a box of "old" , gen 1 bullets by mistake. I am sure that someone like Sinclair would know their inventory, but some other stores might not know. It would be sort of a waste of tome to find a load for bullets which will cease to exist soon. Kinda like loading the 250 SMK. :rolleyes: Sinclair shows bullets in stock on their website.

By looking at Mr Carlock's earlier post on the LR bear kill I will assume that the terminal performance of the big new Berger would be OK. :D :D

I have some of the first Gen 2's and the lot number is Lot 3222.

The Gen1's I had were Lot 2594

So I think if you get a lot number of 3222 or higher you will be fine.

That said I think all the ones sinclair will have will be Gen 2's and the newest packaging wll say "OTM" on them.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.