New Berger versus old Sierra 300 grainers

tillroot1

I have been shooting a .338 RUM for a few years now using the Sierra 300 grain bullets, I just purchased a couple boxes of the second generation Berger 300 grainers yesterday, my question is wheather anyone has used the Berger bullets to hunt yet, and who has used them against the Sierra bullets for velocity differences and drops comparitively. Thank you, Ron Tilley

Jeff, thank you for your response, I am wondering what twist rate the .300 win mag is, I have one that I would like to try the 230 grainers out on, its a 10 twist. Thank you, Ron Tilley

Jeff, thank you for your response, I am wondering what twist rate the .300 win mag is, I have one that I would like to try the 230 grainers out on, its a 10 twist. Thank you, Ron Tilley

Ron, our 300 win's are both 10 twists , Broughton 5 C's 28 " long. Accuracy was great at all distances. Load work up was simple as we used the same seating depth as we had on 210's.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.