OK, My turn on the 6.5 Creedmoor

Then why has virtually every short range benchrest match since the introduction of the 6mm PPC, been won by a 6mm PPC? If it were not more inherently accurate than other cartridges, then why are other cartridges not winning also?
Because 6ppc holds the right amount of powder for the velocity needed with the correct bullets loaded to a length that fits the action. Recoil is low. The reamers are more than likely made to tighter specs. The barrels are usually chambered by top notch smiths. This guy won with one, so I need one too! The cartridge itself isn't more accurate than any other cartridge. A cartridge cannot as it does not propel itself into the target.

A longer powder column leads to higher SD/ES according to F class shooters. That's one instance that some would call inherent accuracy but others call better design.
High ES/SD can happen in any cartridge. Throw a fast powder in a larger case and it generally goes all over the place. It's all about load development.

Wow. I'll add my name to the growing list of 6.5CM fans. I haven't started reloading it because, as the hunter says, factory ammo shoots incredibly well! But I do have a stash of 130 ELDs I was going to use in my 260, that's now a closet queen. :D
I also went for the 6 CM and have reloaded it. Easiest, so far, to load cartridge I have every loaded. Expect the 6.5 CM to be the same.

I will also say that I do have a 6.5 Creed and like it. I think it's well designed. I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever. That's 300wm ;)

High ES/SD can happen in any cartridge. Throw a fast powder in a larger case and it generally goes all over the place. It's all about load development.

I'm not telling you this based on my own experience. I've had single digit SD's in 30-06 before. However, 300 WSM is well regarded in F-Class for its tunability and low ES/SD. I'm betting they know a lot more than I do

I don't call it magic, I'm just calling it like I see it. Used to hate the cartridge hype but was forced by my 12 y/o grandson into working up some loads for his deer hunt this year. Dropped an LRP scope on his new CM and went to the range. All I really use is h4831, H1000 and Retumbo so I loaded up as much as I could compress into the cases and went to the range. Really couldn't find a bad combination as far as accuracy but was able to to reach 1/4 MOA vs 1/2 MOA by adjusting loads. I told him that he hit the jackpot and got one of "those" rifles that will shoot anything. So I secretly (to avoid the harassment from those I told I would never own a CM) ordered a light/inexpensive 22" barrel, $20 muzzle brake off eBay & 6.5 CM reamer and fitted the barrel to a 700 243 youth model I had laying around. I bedded it to the original plastic stock, added a timney and VX5HD (7 lbs with scope) and had the same outcome as the previous rifle. On a new barrel it took 3 shots to sight it in, cleaned it, and then took 4 shots from the cleaned barrel using 147 ELDs; all holes touching @ 100. So I gave it the ultimate test, would it shoot 142 ABLR? Same result; all touching. Now what do I do with it???:cool:

I don't call it magic, I'm just calling it like I see it. Used to hate the cartridge hype but was forced by my 12 y/o grandson into working up some loads for his deer hunt this year. Dropped an LRP scope on his new CM and went to the range. All I really use is h4831, H1000 and Retumbo so I loaded up as much as I could compress into the cases and went to the range. Really couldn't find a bad combination as far as accuracy but was able to to reach 1/4 MOA vs 1/2 MOA by adjusting loads. I told him that he hit the jackpot and got one of "those" rifles that will shoot anything. So I secretly (to avoid the harassment from those I told I would never own a CM) ordered a light/inexpensive 22" barrel, $20 muzzle brake off eBay & 6.5 CM reamer and fitted the barrel to a 700 243 youth model I had laying around. I bedded it to the original plastic stock, added a timney and VX5HD (7 lbs with scope) and had the same outcome as the previous rifle. On a new barrel it took 3 shots to sight it in, cleaned it, and then took 4 shots from the cleaned barrel using 147 ELDs; all holes touching @ 100. So I gave it the ultimate test, would it shoot 142 ABLR? Same result; all touching. Now what do I do with it???:cool:

Kill it with fire before it can multiply

I'm not telling you this based on my own experience. I've had single digit SD's in 30-06 before. However, 300 WSM is well regarded in F-Class for its tunability and low ES/SD. I'm betting they know a lot more than I do
That's because:
Because 6ppc holds the right amount of powder for the velocity needed with the correct bullets loaded to a length that fits the action. Recoil is low. The reamers are more than likely made to tighter specs. The barrels are usually chambered by top notch smiths. This guy won with one, so I need one too! The cartridge itself isn't more accurate than any other cartridge. A cartridge cannot as it does not propel itself into the target.
Change 6ppc to 300wsm. It's not the cartridge itself that's accurate, or has low ES/SD, it's the loading practices.

That's because:

Change 6ppc to 300wsm. It's not the cartridge itself that's accurate, or has low ES/SD, it's the loading practices.

If it's purely the loading practice why do some cartridges have drastically greater showings in some disciplines. For instance, instead of running 284 Shehane, why not run 7 mag in F class?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.