OCW opinions...?????

Mean radius

Attachments

• MOA.png
    MOA.png
    643.8 KB · Views: 203
Those are pretty typical factory gun groups. I would back up to 300 and shoot a group, your right at .5 moa.with some of those groups.

Exactly why these ladder type tests are a waste of time, components and barrel life, SHOOTER ERROR. Until you can LOCK a gun down and take 99% of human contact out (like the handguns Ransom Rest) These test will really not prove anything monumental . always over- thunk,

Take 46.1 Chrono it, if speed is good and you can hold it steady and repeat, load em up and shoot

Just my opinion
When done correctly and efficiently, this will result in a suitable load with a particular combo in less than 50 rounds. Assuming a suitable load is to be had of course. There are no guarantees a rifle will like a particular combo, but this tells the tale fairly quickly.

I have a rem 700 .308 win and about the only thing I could get to group is 168smk, so you're doing better than I was. I've read through everybody's responses and I have to say without printing the target and drawing lines all over it, the 45.5 looked like a good one as the 46.3 for doing a true OCW development. I've been playing with OCW myself and I agree with the advice that 200-300yds would probably yield better data for interpretation. Havent tried it myself yet, cuz I can step out the back door of my shop and shoot 100 yes, but I think it would be worth a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.