OCW opinions...?????

Here's a question, if you allow the barrel to cool between each group during an OCW test ,is it necessary to shoot it round Robin style? What's your thoughts?

I do like to let it cool, but still shoot it round robin. That way (at least in my mind) the fouling is also spread across the shooting session and I don't have to worry about it being a factor.

I'm pretty happy with this combination.... 930 yard 4th round hit......went from 100y data made a relative dope card and went out and got lucky
20190421_154348.jpg

What did your final speed end up being?
Didn't chrono them, I ran with 2,735 fps on jbm ballistic calculator and just went out and shot....... I'm going with the 168gr ELD's now, the 155gr scenar will be my second choice bullet..... the 168's are just superior ballistically , I measured both bullets and they are almost identical but the nod goes to the eld for the tip making a significantly higher BC

Didn't chrono them, I ran with 2,735 fps on jbm ballistic calculator and just went out and shot....... I'm going with the 168gr ELD's now, the 155gr scenar will be my second choice bullet..... the 168's are just superior ballistically , I measured both bullets and they are almost identical but the nod goes to the eld for the tip making a significantly higher BC
How did the elevation hold at distance? Where were your misses?

Elevation was great, I would guess 15" -18" vertical deviation..... my misses were on the right within 3' of target, wind was tough, I couldn't feel it on the fly very well & wasn't many wind indicators from my position, was shooting from inside to outside

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.