Now what???

BenY 2013

So yesterday I picked up a Stevens 200 in .308, this will be the base for my long range build. I have scope/rings/bases all in mind but was thinking "what now" on the stock. I don't have the money for a good aftermarket stock yet, but was wanting to build the stock up with bondo to make it resemble a b&c or a mcmillian. Also I'd like to stiffen up the forend and bed the action. Any suggestions???? Thanks for your time.

Give it a go. I started with a B&C sporter tupperware stock then with bondo, JB Weld, Steel Putty, a hunk of 2x4 and some work I ended up with this.

I'd recommend bedding a carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shaft in the forearm. I didn't do that as I squared up the forearm quite a bit.

Sky-Shot-to-work-on.jpg

Sky-Shot-to-work-on.jpg
[/IMG]

Give it a go. I started with a B&C sporter tupperware stock then with bondo, JB Weld, Steel Putty, a hunk of 2x4 and some work I ended up with this.

I'd recommend bedding a carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shaft in the forearm. I didn't do that as I squared up the forearm quite a bit.

Beautiful stock, Roy. But you must have added some helium also, to make it so light it floats in the air. :D

-- gr8whyt

Thanks guys for the input. And I have seen the "Savage Tactical Rifle Project" it kind of gave me the idea for this rifle. I'll pick up some bondo next time I'm in town and get started:D I'll also put an arrow shaft in the forearm most likely. Thanks

All Savage products will fit Stevens rifles. They are the same action with different trigger groups. Any Savage aftermarket trigger will also work on Stevens rifles.

Tank

Alright I picked up some bondo yesterday, hopefully I'll get to use it soon. Another question.....has anyone ever done "Stock Texturing" with Devacon, Marine Tex or PC7??? I was wanting to give the stock a better texture in the forearm and grip areas and was curious if anyone else had tried this.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.