Not a RIfle Question but a Trivia Question

Greg Duerr

I have a good friend who tells me that he shoots a 16ga 3" shell

I have never heard of a Factory or the ability to load a 3" shell in a 16ga..............

Correct me if Im wrong but what I know is that the 28ga and the 16ga are not nor can you buy 3" shells

I just got an email from my friend who said that he purchased a lot of 3" 16ga shells from Cheaper than Dirt..................I still think he is confused This is not the first time he has been confused. I asked him the other day if he has ever shot the 2 1/2 in 410 shells in his 1100 He told me you cant shoot them in a 3" You have to shoot only 3" shells in a 3" chamber.................................????????????????????

I just got an email from my friend who said that he purchased a lot of 3" 16ga shells from Cheaper than Dirt..................I still think he is confused This is not the first time he has been confused. I asked him the other day if he has ever shot the 2 1/2 in 410 shells in his 1100 He told me you cant shoot them in a 3" You have to shoot only 3" shells in a 3" chamber.................................????????????????????

Sounds like he took one hit too many from a bottle of 151.

No offense, but I would quit worrying about all your friends e-mails. Focus on your own loading, and shooting. If you like to prove people wrong, do it with your own experience. Kind of sounds childish. You know, going back and forth with people all the time...

gross... i can still taste it from back in my drinking days

Little rough eh? I can still take a few hits but that's about it. When I was in HS, I would go to parties and win all the drinking contests and stuff. Just have a high tolerance. Only reason why I've been given the name "Iron Liver". :D

I help him out ..............some. Keeps him from spending a lot of time looking for 3" 16ga Dies. Now he is enjoying hunting Chukar with 2 3/4 " shells when for years he thought he could only shoot 3"

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.