Question about selling a rifle?

enigma

I was think of selling my weatherby 338-378 accumark. The gun is in great to real good condition.I don't real want to sell it with the scope I was thinking of selling it with all 3 RCBS dies neck sizing die and case sizing die and bullet seating die I bought these dies new and 3 box's of hornady S.P.250gr bullets 100 bullets in each box one box has 20 bullets missing.And a box with 30-40 225gr hornady SST. And about 60-100 peice of brass that some have been shot 5 five times and 40 that been shot 2 times.I just want to get about or I need to get $800.00 or more.What should I ask for the gun or is it worth less?The gun shoots 1inch and 1/2 groups at 200 yards never really tryed to shot tighter groups.

Last edited:
I own several 338/378 accumarks,,even at the condition your saying it,s in that rifle alone ,,,no bullets/ brass/dies it,s worth around 1,150 to 1,300 dollars.i dont want to see you loose your butt.

the rifle today new is 2,000 dollars less tax. i was also going to post one for 1,300 ,,,so think about it and adjust your price. this site is to help and inform people ,,so i hope this helps you.

I'd agree.

The package as you described it to me in a PM is worth $1500.

Take some pictures of all of it, post it here, and offer it for sale at that price.

Enigma. When you sell a gun be sure to follow Federal and state laws of both your state and the state of the buyer. In some states you can sell a gun to a resident of your own state with just and exchange of the gun and payment. In some states a transfer within the state must be registered. Federal law requires a the transfer of ownership of a gun between states be performed by an FFL holder in the state receiving the firearm.

$1500 sounds reasonable for that package (sight unseen) , but someone has to pay shipping($30 typical) and FFL transfer fees (usually about $40) unless your state allows you to sell it directly to a fellow resident. Local residence is usually 6 months currently living in that state but may vary by state. It's your responsibility to determine if the transfer is leagal. That the buyer says ok won't keep you out of court.

Direct sales within your own state will be the most economical. Selling on a site like gunbroker.com incurrs fees but reaches a huge audience interested in buying guns. At least go there to see what guns like you'rs are selling for. Look at bids and asking prices. Reality is somewhere in between. You can post in this sites classifieds too. Its appropriate for a 338-378 Wby. Clear photos and accurate complete descriptions allways help to make good deals. A good deal is where both the buyer and seller go away happy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.