Nosler Custom Comp 6.5mm 140 -- Okay for deer?

SwedishSurprise

I am shooting these now and may be using my rifle for deer in fall. Going 2600-3000 fps.

Would these bullets effectively kill a deer? I have read on here but can't find any information specific to them (just matchkings/bergers etc.)

They are $215 / 1000 instead of hunting bullets that seem to run ~$60/100

I had a bad experience with interlocks so that won't work.

I'd rather use the interlocks if I was you ... These bullets are extremely likely to disintigrate upon impact and will likely ruin your day ...

One thing that I am a firm beleiver in is having the right bullet for the job, and whilst the Custom Comp is a great range/competition bullet, it's not a hunting bullet. The faster these impact, the worse they will perform. That said, they may well perform well at impact velocites of 1500-1800 ... What range do you anticipate to take shots at deer?

Personally, I use partitions because they're one of the few bullets that perform well at high and low impact velocities.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.