Nosler Bullets 6.5mm (.264") 140gr RDFs Feedback

mooredj

Hi All,

Anyone using the Nosler Bullets 6.5mm (.264") 140gr RDFs in a 6.5 Creedmoor. Do they work for you? I understand they like a little jump to the lands. Does anyone have some experience with them and is willing to share? I would like to take these out to 1000yds under H4350.

David

Last edited:
I tried that bullet in a 260 Rem a few years ago and had trouble with inconsistent results. I'd shoot a couple nice groups and then get a flyer.

I used them in a 6.5x47Lapua and a 264WM, I did manage to get good to excellent groups, but they were not consistent enough and went back to Sierra's bullets. I got fliers only during load development because I took the tuner off. With the tuner there were no fliers, but the groups never stayed the same size.

Cheers.

I bought two 500 round boxes and was very disappointed. The RDF stands for "random dang flyers". I was shooting them in two 6.5x47 rifles and thought I had a good load. I shot a 1000 yard f-class match and shot worse than I ever have before or after. Went to the 140 Berger Hybrids and there is no comparison. I shot most of them for fire forming and getting barrels laid down. I like Nosler hunting bullets but not their target bullets. Just a side note, they also have a long bearing surface so I got pressure quicker than most other 140s and not as much speed.

Never could figure out the flier.
It's hard to believe a company like Nosler might have trouble with consistent jacket thickness or maybe unbalanced lead core, but I have no other explanation. I bought 500 and only have a couple hundred left, that should show how much I've tried to figure them out.