Any body use these? Norma 6.5mm (.264) 156gr Oryx Bullets

My cousin shot a large BC Bull Moose with Norma Oryx 200 grain 30-06 factory ammo and it did the job very nicely.

As for me I load the 55 grain Norm Oryx in both my wife's and my 223 and 22-250 rifles for our Red and Sika deer here in NZ. Great expansion and penetration.

The photo is of a recovered 55 grain Oryx that still weighs 53 grains.

20240108_134125.jpg

I've heard it's a good heavy option for it's appropriate range, whatever you deem that to be. The weight and relatively low BC have kept me from trying it.

I have not used the 156 oryx in my .260 Remington yet, but have seen good results with other oryx calibers.
Currently using the Lapua 155gr Maxi Point in the Rem 260 for larger game. It is a modern design, that I suspect was developed for Scandinavian moose and European boars. Very accurate in my gun out to 250-300 yards. Purchased from Midway and Brownell's.

I've used the 180gr .30 in a 300 win on a black bear and it worked phenomenally. 350 yard shot, through one shoulder, through the vitals, through the far ribs, and stopped on the skin on the far side. Bear dropped in its tracks and died within 30 seconds. I stocked up on them after seeing that.