Nosler Brass....

Dennis_in_VA

Would it be more cost effective to buy the Nosler 300 Rum brass instead of the Remington stuff?
Can I get more than one box (50) that are the same (lot, weight, etc)?
Is this brass good for necking up for the EDGE round?

Rem brass is some of the cheapest brass available - Nosler brass is some of the most expensive. Cost effective?? We'll that's a matter of perspective but in the real world you usually get what you pay for.

As much as I dislike Rem brass I will have to admit that fully preped Rem brass will shoot under .5moa in my custom 7STW. At times it has shot groups in the .2's & .3's.

There - I'll bet that cleared things up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to shot only W-W brass in the '06 family of cases as REMs were softer and had less capacity. Then I discovered large capacity cartridges (based on RUM cases) and the problem went away.

I see no need for more expensive brass.

It all depends on how much time you want to put into your brass. Remington needs lots of attention and most of the work has been done for you with Nosler. So if time is money, Nosler is actually cheaper and it will last longer as well because it is harder brass. I just wish Nosler made 338 ultra brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And it would be nice if Nosler made 7MM STW Brass also.. Good Brass for this caliber is hard to find. With Winchester no longer in production you'd better grab all you can get..

I believe Winchester closed the doors...Thought they went out of buisness, if I am wrong please somebody chime in..Midway, Midsouthshooterssupply all have STW brass Out of stock and or Seasonal Run..Hard to come buy unless you purchase off GunBroker or Guns America, and there's not much of a quanity there either...

[ QUOTE ]
It all depends on how much time you want to put into your brass. Remington needs lots of attention and most of the work has been done for you with Nosler. So if time is money, Nosler is actually cheaper and it will last longer as well because it is harder brass. I just wish Nosler made 338 ultra brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GG,

Keep reminding Nosler of your interest in 338 RUM brass.
http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2036

JD338

JD338, If you ask Nosler when they are going to make 7STW brass when you call or e-mail them, I will ask about 338 RUM when I e-mail them every second week. Helps if you use different e-mail addresses, I ask to use all of my friends address when I can.

[ QUOTE ]
JD338, If you ask Nosler when they are going to make 7STW brass when you call or e-mail them, I will ask about 338 RUM when I e-mail them every second week. Helps if you use different e-mail addresses, I ask to use all of my friends address when I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

6mm Shooter,

DONE DEAL!
I have asked for the guys to help out and a few have. The more "squeeking" we do, the sooner we will get the "grease"
Nosler3 even made mention of this.
Thanks for your help.

JD338

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6mm Shooter,

DONE DEAL!
I have asked for the guys to help out and a few have. The more "squeeking" we do, the sooner we will get the "grease"
Nosler3 even made mention of this.
Thanks for your help.

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

6mm Shooter,

Just an FYI, Nosler is going to introduce 300 H&H Mag brass in '07. You could resize and fireform to 7 STW.
Just an option to get you Nosler brass.

JD338

quote]
6mm Shooter,

Just an FYI, Nosler is going to introduce 300 H&H Mag brass in '07. You could resize and fireform to 7 STW.
Just an option to get you Nosler brass.

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

Nosler also currently makes 300 Wby brass you could neck down to 7mm STW. At over a buck each a little expensive but may be worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.