Nosler Brass....

[ QUOTE ]
Don't the necks end up shorter than the 7STW when 300 Weatherby cases are necked down and the shoulder blown out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes they will end up shorter. I have not tried this root yet but I know others are, if memory serves me they are using Norma brass.
You also will likely end up with somewhat shorter brass when blowing out 300 H&H cases to form 7mm STW.

Here is the response to my latest e-mail to Nosler.

"We will not see 7mm STW or 338 RUM brass for 2007, but I do not know what we
will produce for 2008.
Regards,
Nosler, Inc."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I was shooting both Remington brass and Win brass in my 300 Win Mag and switched to Nosler brass. I noticed that the Nosler brass produced tighter groups in my rifle by as much as 1/4". It might for yours as well.

i used Nosler brass for the first time last week also the first time I reloaded in a few years but i finally got around to working some loads for my newest playtoy I bought myself last year for x-mas. Anyway, sure was nice not to have to trim, clean, size bla bla bla.......My load was pulled from another site and worked up a grain at a time to the posted max.

168 gr Barnes TSX
Nosler Brass
federal magnum primers
80 grains RL-22
COL 3.475
(COMPRESSED LOAD)
EST 3300 fps.......(crono dont like wind or rain)
Remington Sendero .300 Win Mag
(stock other than trigger ajustment)

5 shot group 1 100yds prone with bipod in the rain .725
5 shot group 2 next day 100yds from the bench 20-25 mph crosswind .750

All that just to say I like the brass alot better than any win or rem I ever used. Price wise you cant buy 2 boxes of premium hunting ammo for the price of 50. Ill be buying more.

[ QUOTE ]
And it would be nice if Nosler made 7MM STW Brass also.. Good Brass for this caliber is hard to find. With Winchester no longer in production you'd better grab all you can get..

[/ QUOTE ]

In my 30 STW, I use A-Square brass and it is as good as my Lapua brass.

James

168 gr Barnes TSX
Nosler Brass
federal magnum primers
80 grains RL-22
COL 3.475
(COMPRESSED LOAD)
EST 3300 fps.......(crono dont like wind or rain)
Remington Sendero .300 Win Mag
(stock other than trigger ajustment)

5 shot group 1 100yds prone with bipod in the rain .725
5 shot group 2 next day 100yds from the bench 20-25 mph crosswind .750
5 shot group 3 100 yds prone with bipod COL 3.450 .610
3 shot group 4 same as above but COL 3.430 .510

Good enough! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts