Nosler Accubonds losing tips.

I like the Nosler Accubond and Partition just fine, but am not too happy with the polymer tips on my Accubonds. Quite a few of them are corroding the tip of the bullet and falling out. Are the bullets junk now? What say you?

I like the Nosler Accubond and Partition just fine, but am not too happy with the polymer tips on my Accubonds. Quite a few of them are corroding the tip of the bullet and falling out. Are the bullets junk now? What say you?

This has happened to me on two different occasions. I contacted Nosler and they immediately replaced them. Nosler did not want me to return the bullets so I shot them at paper. Interestingly enough, the Accubonds w/o tips landed right in the groups with the properly tipped bullets @ 200yds. I wouldn't hunt with them, but they are fine for working up loads IMO.

This was a issue they had a few years ago. My buddy lost tips on some .27 and have read on another thread here about .30 tips coming off.
My buddy is frugal and didn't want to waste them on paper so used them for hunting without a problem.
Depending on quantity that you have you may want to contact them as @Varmint Hunter did.

It has been an issue in several cals, my last was 2 out of 100 in 225g 338's. Shot into the same 5 shot group out of my 338-06 at my MPBR.
I have had issue with 3 cals, but it was less than 5 out of 100 in all cases; 257 110g, 308 180g, 338 225g.

Cheers.

Sad to know this is still happening. I had this issue 9 years ago with 250gr 338 Accubonds. I quit using them for a few years. However, I found my way back recently and at least the 7mm batch I currently have has not shown any issues.

Thanks everybody for the replies. I have had these bullets for years, when I purchased them, I had no idea they were going to go South. The worst have been .338 250 grn, .338 225 grn, and .30 200 grn. I bought several hundred bullets and probably close to 40% of the .338 went bad, the .30 maybe 30%.

Thanks everybody for the replies. I have had these bullets for years, when I purchased them, I had no idea they were going to go South. The worst have been .338 250 grn, .338 225 grn, and .30 200 grn. I bought several hundred bullets and probably close to 40% of the .338 went bad, the .30 maybe 30%.
I'd definitely contact Nosler and send them pics of what's happening. Sounds like they will replace them regardless.