Nosler E-tips

srhaggerty

Has anyone shot these on game yet? I have a moose hunt coming up and thought I would try them in a 300 WSM. I was looking at using the 180 grain bullets. Do you think they would perform good at under 400?

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing about performance on game. I see no reason why they wouldn't.

I posted awhile back and someone lead me to a thread about the E-tips and a website.

search back and you may find it...

I sold some 30cals to a customer today and i told him to holler back at me and let me know how they preformed on his elk hunt. honestly i doubt i hear from him but you never know. if i do i will try to post something about what he says.

sorry no more info

steve

We shot antelope this last weekend with 180 308's. Antelope are not much of a test. My shot was 640yrds, my buddy shot one at 800yrds. I will be able to give a better report in about 3 weeks. We will be going mulie and elk hunting.

We caught some at 100yrds in milk jugs. They had perfect mushrooms and no weight loss. We shot them to a 1000yrds and held sub moa with two different rifles. I feel very good about using them.

Steve

nosler has reduced loads because of increased pressures. my brothers 300wsm does its best with 150&165 accubonds. moose are easy to kill.

Has anyone shot these on game yet? I have a moose hunt coming up and thought I would try them in a 300 WSM. I was looking at using the 180 grain bullets. Do you think they would perform good at under 400?

I haven't used them but as long as they expand, you'll have no trouble killing a moose with them. Moose are big but they aren't the most tenacious game animal out there; meaning that they aren't that difficult to put down for the count.

Last edited:
Well the 180 did it. Dropped him like a sack of potatoes. 300 yards in the spine. Pin holed in and baseball out the otherside. DRT.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.