Nosler 210 grain ABLR questions

COBrad

I'm currently shooting Berger 215 hybrids from a 300 WSM at 2817 FPS. Shot a bull at almost 1200 yds this year. He didn't got far before piling up. Aside from the tip gone, there was virtually no expansion of the bullet after going most of the length of the bull, coming up through a rib and coming to rest in a back strap at the neck/shoulder junction. Dead elk but would like to see a little expansion. Google has produced no real long range experience with this bullet. Anyone here have any 1K or longer range experience with the heavier ABLR's

I'm currently shooting Berger 215 hybrids from a 300 WSM at 2817 FPS. Shot a bull at almost 1200 yds this year. He didn't got far before piling up. Aside from the tip gone, there was virtually no expansion of the bullet after going most of the length of the bull, coming up through a rib and coming to rest in a back strap at the neck/shoulder junction. Dead elk but would like to see a little expansion. Google has produced no real long range experience with this bullet. Anyone here have any 1K or longer range experience with the heavier ABLR's
The ABLR's will definitely expand. They also have the interlock crimp like their interlock bullets. To me I'd have preferred they use the same tech as the Interbond but unless your impact is at pretty high velocity they should hold together well. The only one I've had separate was one fired from my STW on a large buck at about 300yds which is exceeding the expectations for the kind of impact velocities they are designed for.

The ABLR's will definitely expand. They also have the interlock crimp like their interlock bullets. To me I'd have preferred they use the same tech as the Interbond but unless your impact is at pretty high velocity they should hold together well. The only one I've had separate was one fired from my STW on a large buck at about 300yds which is exceeding the expectations for the kind of impact velocities they are designed for.
ABLR is a bonded bullet by Nosler, not an interbond by Hornady.

To the OP.
I am using the ABLR in several cals including the 210g of several 300WM's and a 300RUM.
They will expand right down to 1000fps, but perform best at 1300fps or faster.
I have used them to 1100metres in both the 300WM and RUM, they work flawlessly and are accurate once tuned for seating depth. In my experience they like a bit of jump.
Took me a while to figure this out.

Cheers.

I shot some in long bundle of wet newspaper at reduced load and did ok . Berger's didn't open up . Lots of penetration. 1690 fps impact puts me at 1180 yards in my 300 prc. Last year in late cow hunt it killed 2 elk at 705 yards. Found bullet against off side shoulder of second elk . Weighed 100 grains. I'm happy with them ,

Attachments

• 1071955F-BA02-4DB2-B40C-DBB10443E425.jpeg
    1071955F-BA02-4DB2-B40C-DBB10443E425.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • FB1CD9A8-BF3B-4356-878D-6D8D6746217E.jpeg
    FB1CD9A8-BF3B-4356-878D-6D8D6746217E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
ABLR is a bonded bullet by Nosler, not an interbond by Hornady.

To the OP.
I am using the ABLR in several cals including the 210g of several 300WM's and a 300RUM.
They will expand right down to 1000fps, but perform best at 1300fps or faster.
I have used them to 1100metres in both the 300WM and RUM, they work flawlessly and are accurate once tuned for seating depth. In my experience they like a bit of jump.
Took me a while to figure this out.

Cheers.
You're right, I was confusing it with the ELD-X.