Norma Brass

lone wolf 52

Just received new unfired Norma 300 Win Mag brass, 215M primer will not seat
all the way, best suggested tool to remedy issue.

recently I got some Norma brass for my 243 and the first load it was very difficult to get them to seat. I tried my lee tool and no go. I had to lean on my RCBS press using the single seater.....Happily after shooting the first reload was much easier and the lee could do it. I just bought a bunch of 7RM Norma and am expecting the same thing.

and yes I did run a uniformer in the pockets for the first load. didn't get any brass off thou.

best
Paul

I use a Forter Coaxial Primer seater for seating all my rifle brass including the tight Norma pockets which is typical of all their brass. You know the primer is seated ehen you feel the "hitch", and it does get eadier with subsequent loadings. The Forster has excellent feel, is fast no sore thumb, and is easily adjusted with an Allen wrench to work with all brass cases. I own a half dozen different brand seating tools and nothing comes close to ths seater. IMHO.

Use a lot of Norma brass (270WSM, 300, 378, 416 Weatherby) pockets are tighter, at least in 270 and 300 compared to Remington and Winchester, however seat fine with RCBS hand tool. Ay need to experiment with primer brands.

I was having the same trouble with Norma 300 win mag. I am using a rcbs hand tool and uniforming with redding tool. What I found out with the rcbs hand tool is seat it all the way, turn the casing about 1/3 turn squeeze it all the way and then turn it another 1/3 turn and squeeze that all the way. Now they will seat nice and flush.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.